BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the man hunched over his motorcycle can focus only on the present instant of his flight; he is caught in a fragment of time cut off from both the past and the future; he is wrenched from the continuity of time; he is outside time; in other words, he is in a state of ecstasy; in that state he is unaware of his age, his wife, his children, his worries, and so he has no fear, because the source of fear is in the future, and a person freed of the future has nothing to fear.

Speed is the form of ecstasy the technical revolution has bestowed on man. As opposed to a motorcyclist, the runner is always present in his body, forever required to think about his blisters, his exhaustion; when he runs he feels his weight, his age, more conscious than ever of himself and of his time of life. This all changes when man delegates the faculty of speed to a machine: from then on, his own body is outside the process, and he gives over to a speed that is noncorporeal, nonmaterial, pure speed, speed itself, ecstasy speed.

from Milan Kundera's Slowness

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
now only if a woman would look me in the eye and tell me that what she feels when she rides.......I will be beating Digi to the ring shop....;) very nice, very nice......

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
Human said:
now only if a woman would look me in the eye and tell me that what she feels when she rides.......I will be beating Digi to the ring shop....;) very nice, very nice......
i wonder if my man'll be as impressed as you once i get riding and tell him what i feel when i ride..

:evilgrin

... who knows ??? heh heh :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
luckiechickie said:

i wonder if my man'll be as impressed as you once i get riding and tell him what i feel when i ride..

:evilgrin

... who knows ??? heh heh :laughing :laughing :laughing
Have you met Human?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Human said:

:confused what are you implying ?
That Flying Busa wishes her future dude to understand how she feels when riding. I figured you might be able to relate, and since you're single......nudge, nudge, wink, wink!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts