BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I ordered them on Wednesday, and she said they wouldn't ship till Thurs.. and now on Firday i have them... sweet. I will post more when i actually test them out but i am so excited i wanted to say i got them.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
cool, how much and did your partner, the one for the long ride, get one too ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Remember to follow the directions and have the microphone touch your lips. Took a little bit to get used to, but it makes a big difference for voice activation at higher speeds.

I'm glad you guys decided on the Colletts. :)

·
Slow
271 Posts
The Collettes are great but the key is to keep that microphone hole covered with your lip. You can turn the sensitivity waaay up and have no ill effects as long as you keep that hole covered. Even with the Vox sensitivity turned way down, as soon as you roll on the throttle and get a bit of speed, everyone will hear the wind from your helmet. And then, since you're always transmitting, you won't be able to hear your buddy calling "cop ahead!" :eek

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Is there a button activation option just incase the voice activation isn't working out well?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:D

Do you have a third hand?
Actually I asked because I've tried the voice activation. It takes a while to register your voice and then you have to wait until the person stops talking and for the unit to stop transmitting before you can say anything. Its hard to know whether one unit has stopped transmitting so you can begin your return sentence.

With a button push you can take your clutch hand away from the handle and control the activation in a more deliberate manner. That being said, the voice activation may be alot cleaner than the unit that I tried (FRS). Here's hoping that it is, cuz I'm next in line if this is the case!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Actually if you have the mic just touching your lips you don't notice the lag at all. When I had the mic velcroed to the chin guard I would blow into first then talk, but now I have it touching my lip it works great.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know you can wire up a PTT button - Button strapped to index finger, triggered by a thumb press. (I've seen complete systems with that in mind and I plan on building one myself). I have the two radio's, just have to wire up the PTT button, earpiece, microphone. For me, voice activation is not an option.. I need the PTT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Voice activation on the Chatterboxes are 200 times worse than the Collett's. That's why the Chatterboxes include the button to begin with. I've never had a problem with the voice activation or getting part of my sentance cut off - even at double the speed limit. ;)

·
Slow
271 Posts
I've got to agree. The Collettes are on with their Vox setup.

The key that I find, for instant talk and your whole message being broadcast without interruption, is to turn up the Vox sensitivity to max or near max and then make sure the mic hole is covered with your lip the rest of the time. As soon as you uncover the hole, the air in your helmet will activate the Vox. This sounds kinda funny but it's not hard to keep that hole covered. Plus then you don't even have to fool around with finding the right Vox sensitivity to balance easy transmit and false transmit due to wind. This is the only way I can go on a ride without flooding the airwaves with the sound of my engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts