BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I always prefer full on riding boots instead of riding shoes like those. mSpeed has great deals on Arlen Ness race boots. $200. If they have your size, I would suggest you at least look into them, as they offer better protection than the shoes in your link. After conversion, price is pretty much same. With that said, those shoes are better than sneakers or flipflops, so it is a step in the right direction. :)

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
nice looking, and should give decent protection combined with city comfort. just be sure there are no loops of the lace knots hanging free - it's embarrassing to catch your lace on the footrest as you go to put your foot down when you stop, only to discover than your foot is 'tied' to the bike: presto, on your side! not so bad on a bicycle, a bit more 'heavy' on a motorcycle...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am 1st Gear alumni and loved it. They have 5 types of bikes in their fleet -- Nighthawk (standard), Rebels (cruiser), XT225 (dual sport), Groms (monkey bike), and CBR 125R (sport) -- I encourage you to try them all to find out the type of bike you like the best. I came in expecting to prefer the dual sports and I do generally like them but I ended up preferring sport bikes.

I took four group rides. They charge $40 for any extra group rides, $20 if you bring your own bike. The first two were good from a learning stand point. The last two I took even after 4,000km of riding experience because 1. It's pretty fun riding in a group, 2. I found myself playing more of a mentor role for new riders and that was a fulfilling experience.

Like some others, I also regret not getting my motorcycle license earlier on in life. You'll do great! Have fun with Grumbles if you get to ride it, you'll figure out quick which bike I'm talking about.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts