BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this short.
Whoever started this group deserves a big pat on the back. I have been a member of a couple of clubs over the years and they always seem to end up with more rules and regulations etc. then anyone ever needs. They ultimately lose sight of the very reason they started out*** to ride together!! The focus seems to shift to who they will exclude rather than include.
You brought this home a few days ago with a response to a new rider whom I believe was doing some stunts to impress the group, but rather than kicking him out someone suggested that perhaps it wasn't such a great idea as it sounded like the police were near by. The second response was ( I believe ) even more accurate when someone said " We don't tell anyone how to ride"
In a nutshell....this group seems to have the right prioity. We just enjoy riding , if we can do that together , even better.
And we don"t need a quarum to agree!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'd really like to take credit for it. But really it's the group that created itself. But, THANKS!

As for the "ride how you want", this is exactly what we like to encourage, as long as everyone else wants the same thing. :D (ie. the 'Guidelines' in the Going for a ride forum)..

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
Hats off to the adams and Big Jim..I sincerely want to thank Jim...I sold him his first bike couple years back, and now he is an expert rider (probably knows more about bikes than me and I've been riding since I was 13:happysq .
He invited me to join the group and now, I can't get enough. Its like anopther family and its fun. I find that it appeals to every kind of rider and there is always a place to "show off", but at least its done in a "safe" way and place. I have gotten along with everyone and its a great way to make new friends, and learn more than you ever could about your bike and riding. I think the way we ride brushes off to people that we are not crazed animals but a well organised group and that may actually make car drivers pay more attention.... I think today (march 24th) was a perfect example of a well organised ride!
Thanks

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I'd agree....Adam and Jim have done a wonderful job with the site. Hats off to them because they' re doing us all a service with this site. I don't think I would have met half of the amount of people I have without this site.

Good stuff guys...

atom

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Like Adam said, it really is the group thats made the site (and our little commmunity) what it is.

Thank you though.. it does feel good to be able to contribute and help everyone meet.

I feel really good hearing about the rides like today. Looking forward to many. many more this season.. :D

Jim.

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
one thing I have to add is that I noticed that every ride offers a different aspect of the BCSB riders. When i first rode I was a bit shy to say hi and did'nt know how to ride with the group like I should, cause I never really joined a group, but I find that I rather do it this way cause it makes it more fun and i actually feel safer and tend to learn a couple things. I have been riding a long time and even raced in my day, but i am still learning which I guess makes me a better rider every time.

B

·
0 Posts
gotta give thanks for the site too...great job guys...i'm completely hooked on it now...this and the R6 message board of course:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts