BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way up cypress the shifter decided to become detached and dangle off the side of my bike. I pulled over and screwed the bar back into the proper place, I continued riding and it happened probably 6 or 7 more times. There were a few bikers that past me, pretty sure they thought I was a complete retard (I am but that's for other reasons) because of how slow I was going and how often I was fiddling with my bike. On the way down I managed to fix it, my shifter was a little high and i kept hitting neutral but I figured it would last me until I could get home, well I was wrong. I lost the little bar that adjust the height of the shifter. When I was looking for it I was going under 20 km/h just scanning the road, I saw a car in my mirror so I pull over to let them past.... It's a cop car, they flick on there lights and pull up next to me. The passanger tells me I need to slow down, I almost laughed in his face, I then proceeded to tell him that I couldn't have been the one speeding as I was for the past 10 minutes looking for a part of my bike. He laughed, said good luck and then drove off. That was an interesting trip up cypress.

Ps whoever was riding a black bike with a 12 oclock bar stunting in the parking lot of cypress around 5:30, you rock. I liked the wheelie through the lookout parking lot past the old ladies, that was hilarious, they had the most dazed look on their faces after you left.. Kinda like holy shit, did that just happen.

G

·
dude i think i saw you turning around at the bottom there i was in a yellow cbr heading up. not sure tho. fuck man i went to the lookout and then it was too wet for me i wasnt down. mine was worse tho. good ride the whole way home even got off on splitting lanes and a failure to produce dL ticket on the way back on the lions. good day the whole thing. im taking the LAST corner to my house. the one i take every day. took it with too much speed realized i was gunna hit a huge patch of gravel on the opposite side. didnt want to dump her on the pavement straightened up dumped her on the grass. hit the pavement a little bit. gotta get a new fairing and engine cover. fuck.

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude i think i saw you turning around at the bottom there i was in a yellow cbr heading up. not sure tho. fuck man i went to the lookout and then it was too wet for me i wasnt down. mine was worse tho. good ride the whole way home even got off on splitting lanes and a failure to produce dL ticket on the way back on the lions. good day the whole thing. im taking the LAST corner to my house. the one i take every day. took it with too much speed realized i was gunna hit a huge patch of gravel on the opposite side. didnt want to dump her on the pavement straightened up dumped her on the grass. hit the pavement a little bit. gotta get a new fairing and engine cover. fuck.
Yup that was me, still never found that bar I was looking for. That sucks that ya dumped it, hope it's not too expensive.

G

·
side fairing and engine cover. dunno how much that usually costs. do you?
were u stuck in 1st the whole way home?

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got stuck in 2nd, good thing cus first all the way across the ns would have really annoyed me. No idea how much the fairing and engine cover are.

·
King of the money pits...
725 Posts
hey dude.. if it was sand on the street that caused you to crash, then it will be covered by ICBC less your deductible of course. Just say you hit gravel in a corner, your insurance may slightly be affected, but it is better than having to pay for a new fairing and a clutch cover. Depending on the year of your bike, and wether you want brand new OEM fairings and such, you could end up paying in the +$600 range PLUS labour ($80-$90/hr)

Have fun, ride safe.
-falcon

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
hey dude.. if it was sand on the street that caused you to crash, then it will be covered by ICBC less your deductible of course. Just say you hit gravel in a corner, your insurance may slightly be affected, but it is better than having to pay for a new fairing and a clutch cover. Depending on the year of your bike, and wether you want brand new OEM fairings and such, you could end up paying in the +$600 range PLUS labour ($80-$90/hr)

Have fun, ride safe.
-falcon
$600 + labour? sounds like a deal when comparing it to it affecting your insurance. I slammed my car into a wall and paid $6500 to keep it from going on my insurance.

Hell, the deductible is $500 in most cases...

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the bike was grey not black :p

you were on the gsxr? blue and white..
yup that was me. I've seen a few highway wheelies but never really seen anyone stunting, that was definitely a first. That guy in the car doing donuts was fun to watch too.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Two bails in one day...yikes, that sucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts