BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow... this went from one of the coolest forums around... and pretty active, to dead as a doornail in no time. Incredible.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Wow... this went from one of the coolest forums around... and pretty active, to dead as a doornail in no time. Incredible.

Yeah but it's got some tre kewl pop up ads.*
*Not to defend this forum, but it's summer, and, we may actually have some serious riders here for a change instead of fluff balls asking stupid questions, or trying to set up a full day group ride from Richmond to far distant Nort Van, or (gasp) Squamish.*

*Clearly the compromised security *situation changed this place. I didn't have any issues other than my home computer security software is not happy with the fucking pop ups adverts that are present here now.*

*Anyways Jay, seriously want to hear about Ireland open road racing. Did it change your outlook on life the way the IOM altered my conscience?*

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but it's got some tre kewl pop up ads.*
*Not to defend this forum, but it's summer, and, we may actually have some serious riders here for a change instead of fluff balls asking stupid questions, or trying to set up a full day group ride from Richmond to far distant Nort Van, or (gasp) Squamish.*

*Clearly the compromised security *situation changed this place. I didn't have any issues other than my home computer security software is not happy with the fucking pop ups adverts that are present here now.*

*Anyways Jay, seriously want to hear about Ireland open road racing. Did it change your outlook on life the way the IOM altered my conscience?*
Road Racing in Ireland was a life changer Steve. I'm going back next year again for the UGP and plan one other race as well. Simply the most amazing motorcycle experience ever.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
There've been numerous other technical issues, to me these kinds of thing turn me off especially when the owners don't seem to care.*

If you went a pool hall regularly but lately burnt out lights aren't replaced, the bathroom is never clean, table felt is all ripped up, you'd probably stop going.

That's what this place seems like, which is a real shame. Most of what I've learned, either directly or referenced to another source, is from this forum.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
jay you need to do a full ride report thread. i've seen all your updates on facebook, but it would be great to have a thread dedicated to the trip.

·
Registered Luser
2,121 Posts
well there seems to be a fair amount of activity in the 'where to get castrated' thread. so maybe it's just a demographic shift. is anyone squatting bcerectiledisfunction.com? bced has a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
jay you need to do a full ride report thread. i've seen all your updates on facebook, but it would be great to have a thread dedicated to the trip.

Hell yeah. I would like to hear more about this trip too. PIcs of the event and ireland in general. Always wanted to go there.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have thought about this.... what turns me off is trying to deal with posting the photos. I'll have to put them onto some sort of
photo sharing site I guess... but yeah, a trip thread would be good.

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
Yeah, like we really need another "this place is dead thread". As far as I am concerned its what we make of it, and yes, I am also one who switched to the local FB groups as well, but talk about contrast. There is NOTHING of value motorcycle wise there. At least the few posts we have here are written by people who actually ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am a new rider and found this place looking for local motorcycle forums. I am not a facebook user so those groups don't help me. Was hoping to see an active forum meetups etc. Other than BCSB is there anything else out there?

·
Registered
45 Posts
It does suck that this place is dead. I never knew it in it's prime.*

I have been able to meet a few great people through the FB groups, but you do need to filter through a ton of garbage and subject yourself to being outside your comfort zone to get the opportunity to find like-minded riders. I won't even be a dick and say the other people who ride are beneath my idea of what a riding is about, they are just not for me. Much like I wouldn't force myself to get along with a bunch of kids on their way to an Ariana Grande concert just because we all like music. I'll go find a different crowd, thanks.*

With the exception of maybe 5-6 people from the FB groups, I've met some quality riders just out by myself at 5:30am.*

Back on topic though... If I waited around here, I'd never have met those good 5-6 guys. I lurked here for a year and reading through threads it was obvious that the "real riders" would never come out to play if they didn't already know you. And I totally get it. The FB groups are trying to cater to everyone... It's bullshit and it drives me nuts.

Why not make a BCSB FB group for elitist pricks? I'm sure this place would be more active with the content "real riders" enjoy if it were easy to use with an iPhone. Just can't let a BCSB FB group grow to 1000+ flash-in-the-pan vanity-loving people who are in it for the optics of standing next to a motorcycle. *That too is bullshit.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts