BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have thought about this.... what turns me off is trying to deal with posting the photos. I'll have to put them onto some sort of
photo sharing site I guess... but yeah, a trip thread would be good.
Ride reports on this forum are useless as even the moderators strive to turn them into shitshows. Your better off to post a ride report on ADV Rider and paste the link here for your friends. Ride reports on ADV rider stay on their intended subject and all troll attempts are nuked proper. Thats what Im doing from now on. Its a no brainer why this site is dying.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Ride reports on this forum are useless as even the moderators strive to turn them into shitshows. Your better off to post a ride report on ADV Rider and paste the link here for your friends. Ride reports on ADV rider stay on their intended subject and all troll attempts are nuked proper. Thats what Im doing from now on. Its a no brainer why this site is dying.
Agreed. ADV's travel forum is pretty good.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,235 Posts
I think it's because people are actually out riding. The weather is great. No need to sit on a forum and talk about it, when you can be out doing it.

·
100% Asshole
3,406 Posts
*True... I prefer forums though. But the real issue is that motorcycling in the LMD has changed. 40 over law and the new riders that have to have the latest and greatest but have no desire to improve their riding skills or abilities. They want to pose at the local watering holes and take selfies to post on 604 or VMB. Its kinda said really it's a shadow of its former self, but with more money and less riding.*

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
post above seems to be about right.. i'm sure all are factors that have affected rider numbers in the LMD; it does seem todays riders arent very much interested in being part of a community,
and the old blood has had a few rough outings which makes us not so keen on group rides, further dropping demand for a forum like we were used to..

either way, it is getting a little rough out here; not many good threads happening, technical issues really have driven a lot of us away as well. nothing worse than a forum which is illegible :laughing

I think it's because people are actually out riding. The weather is great. No need to sit on a forum and talk about it, when you can be out doing it.
i almost began to agree with this comment as it has been posted a few times, reality is though some riders when they get home dont want to do much as they're pretty tired..
so its either the TV or a local forum.. we should still have the numbers during the week when we're all working and home early but not early enough to ride.. neither of the above seem to be happening;

is it possible the forum has become too boring even for killing time b4 bed? :eek

you and I spoke of this recently, its pretty obvious its something that has upset you enough to not want to contribute, which is really shitty to be honest!! the ONE thing we were all missing for such a long time are proper
ride reports with some color, making us all feel good about riding and getting to know local areas.. there's no reason for others to talk-shit on someone elses ride report..

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe there were two major contributors to the slowing of traffic here. One of course is the new owners. Seeing as the front page still is talking about the snow tire myth posted three years ago shows how much attention is paid to it.*

The other is the trolls that lived here. Most have wandered back to live under their bridges, so it is up to those remaining to make the best of it. Have a ride report? Post it. Want to talk about the best oil? Go on .... It's always fun to read and post. The latest Yamasaki 1000 is miles ahead of last years now and I have to have it? Tell us.*

There are still plenty of self-entitled and self important knobs here. Hell, we are all that at one time or another.

So here's a challenge from the biggest knob, trolliest troll, self important drunkard poster of all time. Let's talk motorcycling. Have differing opinions. Defend those opinions as if you were sitting at a table with the person and not hiding behind a screen. Organize rides. Dont worry about others behaviours on them , ride your own ride.*

Even though we only have a few months of decent weather left, let's do some riding, meet new people and try to bring a BCSB back to the good times of a local forum. We can bitch and whinge about how dead things are all we want. Buts let's try to change things, we are the only ones that can be counted on to change things. And I promise not to post drunk anymore.*

DB out. *

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The issue is that the "WE" was by and large ousted by the ultra-lame password reset scheme. It killed the site. It's just not going to be revitalized by the remnants or few that jumped through the hoops.
Totally agree. There used to be a real community feeling around this forum, but it's long gone now... and I don't think there is much the few contributing
folks can do to really revive it.

Beyond the password fiasco, the fact is... technology has changed. Special interest forums are great and still quite relevant in many areas... but
in terms of localized riding communities, (which what this once was), it's all migrated to facebook.

It's just the way it is. This thing is a dying dynasaur.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I believe there were two major contributors to the slowing of traffic here. One of course is the new owners. Seeing as the front page still is talking about the snow tire myth posted three years ago shows how much attention is paid to it.*

The other is the trolls that lived here. Most have wandered back to live under their bridges, so it is up to those remaining to make the best of it. Have a ride report? Post it. Want to talk about the best oil? Go on .... It's always fun to read and post. The latest Yamasaki 1000 is miles ahead of last years now and I have to have it? Tell us.*

There are still plenty of self-entitled and self important knobs here. Hell, we are all that at one time or another.

So here's a challenge from the biggest knob, trolliest troll, self important drunkard poster of all time. Let's talk motorcycling. Have differing opinions. Defend those opinions as if you were sitting at a table with the person and not hiding behind a screen. Organize rides. Dont worry about others behaviours on them , ride your own ride.*

Even though we only have a few months of decent weather left, let's do some riding, meet new people and try to bring a BCSB back to the good times of a local forum. We can bitch and whinge about how dead things are all we want. Buts let's try to change things, we are the only ones that can be counted on to change things. And I promise not to post drunk anymore.*

DB out. *

Dirty Bill????? Say, is that a new name you've got there? The original Dirty Bill passed away 2 years ago. And he was a legend.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Totally agree. There used to be a real community feeling around this forum, but it's long gone now... and I don't think there is much the few contributing
folks can do to really revive it.

Beyond the password fiasco, the fact is... technology has changed. Special interest forums are great and still quite relevant in many areas... but
in terms of localized riding communities, (which what this once was), it's all migrated to facebook.

It's just the way it is. This thing is a dying dynasaur.
Too bad, there is so much useful technical info buried in this forum, if it all still exists?? or has the most recent overlords of this forum totally botched it worse than it appears?. and not being someone who has a Facebook account. I'm back to riding by myself.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Dirty Bill????? Say, is that a new name you've got there? The original Dirty Bill passed away 2 years ago. And he was a legend.
He was good at mashing away on the keyboard that was for sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bingo! Winna winna, chicken dinna! Have you seen the gorgeous RC30 sitting inside the door at Big Top in Chilliwack? Beautiful shape.

I'm not a big FB guy. And you can find plenty of people to argue FB has gone the way of the dinosaur due to snap chat and Instagram. Any of those places don't allow for the type of discourse you an find on site like this.*

I still believe in forums like this so I'll stick it out. * *

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Bingo! Winna winna, chicken dinna! Have you seen the gorgeous RC30 sitting inside the door at Big Top in Chilliwack? Beautiful shape.

I'm not a big FB guy. And you can find plenty of people to argue FB has gone the way of the dinosaur due to snap chat and Instagram. Any of those places don't allow for the type of discourse you an find on site like this.*

It may be bad form to open an account in the name of the dead, but I will say - it was a little amusing.

The interesting part of course, is knowing some of the history and trying to determine just who the re-incarnated Dirty Bill is.

I have a pretty good idea who it is. Of course, the new Dirty would not confirm or deny anyways... but I will just sit back and enjoy the posts with 80% certainty as to whom you are.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Any of those places don't allow for the type of discourse you an find on site like this.*

the topic came up over teh weekend... i did not realize the FB group had the same kind of repetitive questions as we do on a forum,
except of course nothing is organized in FB, meaning no specific areas for certain topics.. There are areas of the forum i never visit
and to be honest i'm not about to go browsing through a FB mountain of timeline discussion just to find something interesting...

the format does not work for me, i'm a fan of the forums :thumbup

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
FB is for amusement (not to mention self-aggrandisement); forums are - potentially - for information... well, that and entertainment! this site ain't dead yet... it's just had a good pruning!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm of the same opinion as doser and bacchus40. *On a forum knowledge and experience can be utilized and easily accessed. On FB everything disappears in a jumble of posts and updates.*

I think of FB as a *party. Lots of people to talk to but difficult to get into a decent conversation and almost impossible to discuss things in depth. A forum can be more of a classroom, debate hall and over in the wide open section ..... A frat house.*

21 - 40 of 55 Posts