BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am ashamed of the RCMP officers that tasered the fellow at YVR, who ultimately lost his life. Now that the video is out we can all see for ourselves what happened. It's a pretty horrific and heart wrenching clip to watch. My heart goes out to his family.

Other clips of past tasering also shows the cowardice of the officers wielding them. I really hope the folks at YVR take this as a grave lesson in accessing translator services for passengers. It's unbelievable how many millions of dollars have gone into beautifying that place but they couldn't help this passenger one iota.

RIP and justice for your family.

·
BannedSpammer
3,339 Posts
i am ashamed of the RCMP officers that tasered the fellow at YVR, who ultimately lost his life. Now that the video is out we can all see for ourselves what happened. It's a pretty horrific and heart wrenching clip to watch. My heart goes out to his family.

Other clips of past tasering also shows the cowardice of the officers wielding them. I really hope the folks at YVR take this as a grave lesson in accessing translator services for passengers. It's unbelievable how many millions of dollars have gone into beautifying that place but they couldn't help this passenger one iota.

RIP and justice for your family.

uh...link to said video?

·
Registered
528 Posts
im all for taser considering it probably saves lifes instead of guns, but they need some training so their not trigger happy.

·
Registered
281 Posts
news said that he wasn't being violent!!!! wtf! buddy was throwing monitors , chairs, non receptive to policia to get down on the ground....my dog knows better than this

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
The situation warranted bringing in a translator. There was more than enough time for this to happen. He was unarmed and not making any aggressive advances towards the RCMP when the taser was used.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
It's unfortunate that the whole thing happened. but acting crazy in an airport just isn't safe these days.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I just watched the vid and I am fucking pissed and disgusted.

Those fucking tasers should be banned. How many injuries have happened in the last couple weeks since this with those fucking things. Some old man tasered for a fucking parking ticket and another who lost and eye due to the probe hitting him in the eye among others and this is only recently!

It's getting to the point where citizens are going to have to start arming themselves against these dirtbags. Those fucking pigs should be going up on manslaughter charges but of course they won't cause there is no such thing as justice for these losers.

And I agree with sliver that we've spent tens of millions to make it look nice but fuck all on services for people who use the goddamn place. Just like the rest of our piece of shit plastic society, fucking joke.

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he didn't throw anything at any person. after 10hrs i don't blame the guy for trying to get SOMEONEs attention. he was clearly quite tired and very frustrated.

those 4 police officers had no reason to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone else at the point in which they tasered him.

ridiculous.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
A client of mine is the lawyer for the Vancouver Airport for this matter. It would be awesome if tazers were genuinely a non-lethal weapon but it appears that this technology and how it's deployed is not reliable as such.

The back story behind his death is that he hadn't eaten or had anything to drink in at least 7 hours leading up to the incident.

I feel for the guy. He's completely an unsophisticated traveler, has no idea what the procedure is when going through customs, he's disoriented and thirsty and his blood sugar was probably through the floor and he can't communicate with anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in some sort of diabetic manic shock.

Sure he was being violent to office equipment but he didn't show any tendency to be violent to people or the attending officers. The cops didn't even bother speaking to witnesses leading up to the incident to asses the situation.

Again, if tazers were proven to be non-lethal, I'd be all for it but with the mounting casualties in Canada from tazer deployment, statistics like this will continue.

Welcome to Canada, we're going to kill you for throwing a keyboard and a stool at a shatterproof window.

Fucking embarrassing that this is being played on news reports all over the world.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The situation warranted bringing in a translator. There was more than enough time for this to happen. He was unarmed and not making any aggressive advances towards the RCMP when the taser was used.
Well...actually....he did throw a computer and a chair through a window...and then held up a table as a shield and thrust it towards other people. Once the police issued orders to him (as Police usually do they use a commanding voice) he threw his hands up in the air and tried to run...even after he was tasered he was still fighting with the police.

Shame on him and everyone who is saying excessive force....if you fight with the police you deserve to get tasered.

And in regards to getting a translator....WTF...if you can't speak the language....don't get aggressive towards our police force! I know that if I were in Poland...I wouldn't be throwing things at the police and then when they attempt to speak to me....I wouldn't try to run...it's just common sense.

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
news said that he wasn't being violent!!!! wtf! buddy was throwing monitors , chairs, non receptive to policia to get down on the ground....my dog knows better than this
would you act violent if you were being held for 6 hours and ended up with mysterious internal bleeding ? whoever beat him in the interrogation room should be charged with his death.

and that red headed cop bastard who's jabbing him with the club after he's already subdued should get a fucking kick in the cunt , fucking joke of a police officer right there!

ya ok I watched it a few more times and it seems to be he's collapsing his baton, but he's doing it right in front of the guys face FFS...still seems threatening to me

·
it was bigger yesterday
566 Posts
im glad i finally saw that video ,i had thought he was just kinda riled up and maybe yelling or something ,but he looked pretty freaked out and throwing shit and agitated enough to warrant at least a take down.Unfortunate that he died,id rather get tazed that shot if i had a choice .

Secure part of the airport acting like that gets you no sympathy from authorities. If he was in a turban yelling in arabic everyone would cheer a wall full of bullets in this day and age . Shitty deal for him and his family ,but after seeing what happend ,they may have went overboard (as usual) but what else were they suposed to do judo flip him through the glass like the movies?

sheds new light for me .cant say im too botherd by it. (by that i mean the way it was handled ,not the death so dont freak out)

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Well...actually....he did throw a computer and a chair through a window...and then held up a table as a shield and thrust it towards other people. Once the police issued orders to him (as Police usually do they use a commanding voice) he threw his hands up in the air and tried to run...even after he was tasered he was still fighting with the police.

Shame on him and everyone who is saying excessive force....if you fight with the police you deserve to get tasered.
He didn't throw anything through a window, it bounced off. And the police hadn't arrived yet when he did that, so he wasn't be aggressive towards the police.

Nor did he fight with police when they arrived. He put his hands up and turned, then they tazered him. He had already put down the stool when the cops arrived and was completely unarmed with any office furniture.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts

And in regards to getting a translator....WTF...if you can't speak the language....don't get aggressive towards our police force! I know that if I were in Poland...I wouldn't be throwing things at the police and then when they attempt to speak to me....I wouldn't try to run...it's just common sense.
God I hope you're never in a foriegn country and develop some sort of medical emergency whereby you act strange. If you were to get shot for it, I guess you would find it justified.

Patience is something long lost in this society.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Furthermore, when the security guard told him to put down the computer, he put it down. When the police arrived, he stood back.

...and the cheap shots with the baton to the head after he was already unconscious was pretty awesome.

1 - 20 of 324 Posts