BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up an 07 gsxr750 mid last summer. The guy i bought it off of has already removed the STVA and made an adapter to hold the butterfly open. Also removed the exhaust valve and actuator. The bike is coding for the secondary valve actuator and the position sensor. i finished off last season and planned to fix the bike before riding season starts up again.
As is, The bike is -1 +2 for sprockets, and the guy i bought it off said he had the ecm custom tuned. (bullshit). Also has a TRE kit and a speedo healer. SBK shorty muffler, cat removed,
The bike is under powered in my opinion as it is, (barely faster than my bro's stock 09 gsxr600, if faster at all.)
Plus smells rich in the exhaust, EXTREMELY poor fuel mileage. 150 - 160 city/highway riding nice, 180 freeway riding nice. 120-140 freeway riding like a clown. and this is even with the TRE kit and the 5th gear resistor removed.
And i read somewhere last year that if the bike has 2 major codes, it will go into a derate mode. True or bullshit?????
So my question is, whats a decent way of fixing all these issues?, buy a race ecm?, power commander?, custom tune/dyno tune factory ecm?
looking forward to hearing your suggestions and or experiences.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Wow, can't say I have a recommendation but that's one fucked up bike. Nel's in Kirkland perhaps?
Exactly what I was going to say, about Nels that is.

You'll have to decide what is more important, a properly tuned and running bike; or putting up with the Shervin mods the previous owner did.

I've just ordered a PCV and have boxed my ECU for a reflash to send out this morning. By the time it is said and done, my total bill to get address my concerns will be $1200. Not cheap, but it will remove the factory "neutering".

I'm just talking out of my butt at this point, but the GSXR750 is a pretty common bike. Maybe all you need is the PCV and a dyno tune to cure your ills, perhaps a reflash wasn't required. Check out with https://2wheeldynoworks.com/

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly what I was going to say, about Nels that is.

You'll have to decide what is more important, a properly tuned and running bike; or putting up with the Shervin mods the previous owner did.

I'm just talking out of my butt at this point, but the GSXR750 is a pretty common bike. Maybe all you need is the PCV and a dyno tune to cure your ills, perhaps a reflash wasn't required. Check out with https://2wheeldynoworks.com/

I want it properly tuned, That's why I posted. Just wasn't sure if a PCV would eliminate the coding issues or if i needed to do more than that.
I'm going to look into the dyno tune after the PCV.
Thanks Sikorsky and CDG.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I wasn't trying to sound like a dick, sorry if it came across like that.

I believe it's about $200US for Nels to do his magic and he can provide a really good deal on a PCV. *

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't trying to sound like a dick, sorry if it came across like that.

I believe it's about $200US for Nels to do his magic and he can provide a really good deal on a PCV. *
No worries bud, I'm not offended.
But about the STVA delete, Is that a decent mod? I tried reinstalling the one that came with the bikem, but the gears are stripped. So its NFG.
Can that be programed out with the PCV so that damn red light goes out?

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
No worries bud, I'm not offended.
But about the STVA delete, Is that a decent mod? I tried reinstalling the one that came with the bikem, but the gears are stripped. So its NFG.
I have no clue, I had to look up what an STVA was!

I know I could bypass the exhaust flap in the stock Honda exhaust and that the Guhl refresh will take care of any code. I would imagine something similar would be available for the Suzuki. The GSXR forum should be able to answer that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have you considered a Servo Buddy? Relatively inexpensive and all it really does is get rid of the annoying red FI light. My SET valve on my K6 GSX-R750 packed it in some time ago and a replacement was going to be pretty expensive while not giving me any real benefit. Plugged in a Servo Buddy: problem solved.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you considered a Servo Buddy? Relatively inexpensive and all it really does is get rid of the annoying red FI light. My SET valve on my K6 GSX-R750 packed it in some time ago and a replacement was going to be pretty expensive while not giving me any real benefit. Plugged in a Servo Buddy: problem solved.
servo buddy eh... Ive got some googlin to do.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Might want to google black electrical tape as well if all you want to do is get rid of the damn red light ? 1/2" X 1/2" and no more damn red light ?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might want to google black electrical tape as well if all you want to do is get rid of the damn red light ? 1/2" X 1/2" and no more damn red light ?
getting rid of and covering up are two different things.
gunna talk to nels. take bike down or just send ecm if he can do what i need.

·
Registered
362 Posts
getting rid of and covering up are two different things.
gunna talk to nels. take bike down or just send ecm if he can do what i need.
My advice, as others have said before: take the bike down, it needs to go on a dyno also. You'll be happy after. **

1 - 14 of 14 Posts