BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
I know I read somewhere that Ece ratings were more likely to protect your head, while snell focused on how much damage or impact it could take. Mind you, this was four years ago ...

·
:D
2,281 Posts
I've had one for about a year now, 1st gen. As quiet as any other helmet but the construction is poor in terms of the nose shield, chin shield and rubber gasket around the visor hole. The nose and chin shields flew off while riding. The rubber gasket shrunk in the sun on a long day ride in the summer and I had to glue it in. Parts to replace these are not available. I hear that the 2nd gen has resolved these issues.

I love riding with it, comfortable, super light and genuinely ECE approved. I've owned a lot of helmets and need something that will do its job once. As a disposable piece of gear that I replace every 3 years max, this is a great deal and good value without compromising safety or comfort.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
If you have handled one of these, then put it on your head... Well I applaud your appetite for risk.
Yup! Tell me when you've actually tested one in a crash. Tell me that you didn't get a concussion and was just fine. We test them at the track without too much bodily harm, but nobody races a Kaos.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My Next Helmet will most likely be the SR1 in Matt Black . The other end of the spectrum foresure fit will tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's junk
Based on nothing.

It's a 1200g helmet with full ECE R22-05 approval. I've owned one for a year, and it works very well.

My experience:

It's not loud due to a good neck seal.
The visor ratchet never moves, the liner has held up better than Arais. It vents well, and the weight savings is significant over typical helmets.
The finish quality is equal to any premium brand. i.e. the clear coat is perfect and the weave alignment is perfect.

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR", oh, if only this was actually true. There are $199 helmets on SHARP.gov that outperform $1200 Schuberths and Arais.

Pay to pose, but spending more on a helmet does not make you safer, and if anyone mentions Snell, you swallowed that koolaid of BS.

Of course the fit matters, and people who blurt out "Arai" assume everyone's head is the same shape, which is like saying you should all wear size 13 shoes because I find size 13 shoes to be more comfortable.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts