·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^^ first swingarm-mounted tail-piece that doesn't make me gag:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The rear photo looks good. I'm not keen on the drooping snout. Suzuki must have warehouses of old 1000 engines they need to unload.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
It's not bad looking ....... my old bones are fond of upright bikes these days.

·
Original Pirate Material
1,071 Posts
Between this and the new CB1000, what would you choose, D? Square headlights FTW.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
By a fairly big margin, one of the ugliest 'retro' machines ever to be made. This may indeed push the Suzuki Madura 1200 to one side, as the ugliest motorcycle ever made. Even more ironic in it's pure ugliness, is that it's primary function being in the 'retro' class, is it's physical features. With that in mind, it's laughable.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Between this and the new CB1000, what would you choose, D?
Not sure. I'm super-keen about the quality of build for my current (and previous) CB1000Rs, but I had great service from a Suzuki before that. The new CB1000R seems to be a step up from the earlier version, at least in terms of outright performance, but the Neo Sport Cafe styling doesn't ring my bells. And it does look like it'd be easier to turn the Katana into a sport tourer, which is my 'thing', of course...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YL and Steve G, well I did ask! Taste varies!

·
Registered Abuser
21 Posts
Big like from me. :thumbup*The only thing I don't like is the tiny 12L fuel tank but then I never go anywhere anyway so it wouldn't likely be an issue...

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
They state the engine is based on the 05 GSXR 1000 engine ..... that makes a person think about how much is in common.

But the 12 L tank, I guess that depends on the fuel economy.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
All those models after the original Muth desigñed bike were so dull, couldn't wrap my head around them.

·
Registered Abuser
21 Posts
They state the engine is based on the 05 GSXR 1000 engine ..... that makes a person think about how much is in common.

But the 12 L tank, I guess that depends on the fuel economy.
The new Katana is essentially a re-bodied GSX-S1000... same frame, same engine, same most of things except for fuel capacity.

The GSX-Thou is a fun bike to ride so you can bet the Katana will be equally so. *

1 - 17 of 17 Posts