BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i used the search already and googled, but I haven't found the definitive answer I'm looking for. So I understand that the americans have a different designed bike than ours, so when ppl advertise Ninja 250, they're usually referring to the ZZR 250 if 2000 and after? And if before, then it's the EX 250 right? So I take it that the 2000 - present models haven't changed much in design? I was hoping to find one with digital readouts because i find them more ergo and easier to read. Figured I should drop my CBR F4i fantasy and move on to the 250 for a season or two before looking back into the F4i (darn honda discontinued the F4i =[).

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
The US are still selling the older ninja 250, which used to be sold in Canada as well.

Same engine in the old and new, with some minor changes. The newer ones have full bodywork, better frame, wheels, and suspension.

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
last time I checked, the old bike had an MSRP of $2999 in the US, so it's a good way to enter the sport cheaply on a new bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. So the US one is cheaper than the Canadian ZZR. But then, it would be difficult bringing it over here, wouldn't it? I'm looking more at a used one since this will be my first bike. Hoping to spend 3k max since I'm working on a limited budget ( My parents' aren't supporting my bike anymore !!! )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coolio said:
t's your own toy man, why do you expect your parents to pay for it when they odn't even use it?? Kids....anyway, make sure you set aside some money for gear!!!!
cuz my parents making me pay for my own tuition, insurance, gas etc. =[

adam112 said:
Make sure you write a thread called "Survivng the zzr250 written by a noob"
I'm still writing "Surviving the tricycle written by a noob"

·
BOOBIES
201 Posts
screw that i got a zx-14 that will keep you busy for a couple weeks for sure

and a word of advice, dont expect sympathy from people about your parents not helping, not trying to hate, its just called life, welcome to the club.

to quote dennis leary, "life sucks, get a fuckin helmet"

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
cuz my parents making me pay for my own tuition, insurance, gas etc. =[
"
Its a hard life:laughing

You can find lots of used bikes especially this time of year in the 2-3k pricerange. Consider something older to start on over the winter/spring and think of upgrading next summer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rudedog said:
screw that i got a zx-14 that will keep you busy for a couple weeks for sure

and a word of advice, dont expect sympathy from people about your parents not helping, not trying to hate, its just called life, welcome to the club.

to quote dennis leary, "life sucks, get a fuckin helmet"
not expecting any sympathy... kinda used to this whole gig by now. lol.

crazy 250 wheelies =] I saw a really nice stealth black one passing by a few days ago. At least, I think it was a 250... Hope to get my 250 by spring so I can ride up to school everyday! Parking pass for bikes @ SFU is only 28 bux! 58 bux for secured parking. =]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts