BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
adamantium said:
Excellent points Wang,

However I believe the temp reading that I get is of my oil. At least that's what the owner's manual states.
Thanks! Oh really? Ok, then all Yamaha owners should be careful about that last point...the rest of us who get our temperature readout from the coolant are ok :D

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Adam, I'd be very surprised if your temp reading is the oil. But if that's what it says then I guess that's what it is.....

And SWang got it very right when he said it's better to just ride away easy like once the engine comes up to the point it's ridable. The engine and oil will warm much more quickly and thoroughly when under light loads rather than just idleing.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
i let mine warm to about 45C then turn the choke to half and at 60-65 i shut it off

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
65* and I'm off.

I just start it and then start putting my gear on...by that time it's usually ready to go...at about 50* or so. I'll keep her under 5500rpm until it gets to at least 65* though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.