BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
No plans for North America as yet. Designed for Indonesia where they have a 250cc max limit on motorcycles.

Exchange rate puts the 60hp version at almost $13k Canadian though - yowza...

18,000rpm inline-4 screamer with all the electronic goodies and I'm guessing a really low wet weight - man what a fun little bike though!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
13k. Wow. Well that would certainly make it a no go for NA it would seem. awesome specs for a new little bike still the same.*

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
It would be a blast. $13K may be a little steep, but the fun that could be had would be a hoot. And sub-400cc insurance! Even though you'll be passed by the straight line heroes enroute to Squambux, you can give a toot as you pass them being loaded on the flatdeck.

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
It would be a blast. $13K may be a little steep, but the fun that could be had would be a hoot. And sub-400cc insurance! Even though you'll be passed by the straight line heroes enroute to Squambux, you can give a toot as you pass them being loaded on the flatdeck.
I'd guess the high power model with a claimed 60hp would be able to reach 220-230kph - if the straight line hero's can keep up in the tight stuff and then get by at that speed then I think flatbeds will be required for all riders including the Wee 250. :)

Also I mis-spoke in my original reply to this thread - 250cc+ bikes aren't prohibited in Indonesia - they are just subject to insanely high levels of taxation so they are almost non-existent.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup still owning a ninja 300 and having had a r3 you'd pretty much have to be riding a frigging pedal bike in BC to not be able to reach impound speeds. *

At 13kish I just can't see it coming to our market unfortunately. The ninja 400 would be a bargain in comparison at 43hp to the rear wheel it's not to far behind. Even though spec to spec it obviously doesn't compare to this zx-25r that well, it's still only half the price. You could do quite a few upgrades and still be well under 13k.*

·
track hack
2,002 Posts
Yup still owning a ninja 300 and having had a r3 you'd pretty much have to be riding a frigging pedal bike in BC to not be able to reach impound speeds. *

At 13kish I just can't see it coming to our market unfortunately. The ninja 400 would be a bargain in comparison at 43hp to the rear wheel it's not to far behind. Even though spec to spec it obviously doesn't compare to this zx-25r that well, it's still only half the price. You could do quite a few upgrades and still be well under 13k.*
I would hope the bike comes to Canada and if it does I'd guesstimate a sell price of $10,999-ish - WELL above the Ninja 400 but still a touch below the ZX6-R which it has basically the identical spec of - similar electronics, suspension, brakes, engine config, etc...

If Kawi can price it there then I think that's fair and would sell - otherwise at $12,999 I can't see a lot of them moving off showroom floors.

The lower spec 46hp engine unit - drop a grand or so - hopefully $9,999 if all other components are identical.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I like the higher end spec on a smaller bike. My Ninja 300, while a great bike, certainly was designed with the price tag in mind, and fair enough it's a big market. But a smaller bike, still cheaper than the 6r but higher quality than the 300, would be a ton of fun.*

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
This is also helpful in expanding the involvement of non-farm work and cordially decreasing the involvement of farm work. freelance writer for hire
"hire-a-freelance-writter" [sic] essaybaron... hah ha hah!!! tooo fzkcing funny! it might be a bot; it might be a Nigerian; it might be from Bangladesh... who knows? but it sure as hell ain't from BCSB; and it ain't 'a writer'... simple pleasures...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts