BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for a replacement for my current AGV Sport Corsica Kevlar jeans. They are now too small, but I have otherwise been happy with the look and quality that they offer. For my next pair, I will definitely be searching for an armored option.

Any reccomendations? Dianese seem to be the standout, but they come with a premium and are hard to come by in the local market. So far, the Kansas 1K http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-kansas-1k-jeans seems to stand out.

Also, who carries this type of thing locally?

·
awful human
3,139 Posts
I am searching for a replacement for my current AGV Sport Corsica Kevlar jeans. They are now too small, but I have otherwise been happy with the look and quality that they offer. For my next pair, I will definitely be searching for an armored option.

Any reccomendations? Dianese seem to be the standout, but they come with a premium and are hard to come by in the local market. So far, the Kansas 1K http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-kansas-1k-jeans seems to stand out.

Also, who carries this type of thing locally?
I don't usually recommend Joe Rocket but their armored kevlar jeans are actually pretty good. Kevlar on the butt, hips and knees. Knee armor is included on the model I have as well.

You can get them at modern in Vancouver or holeshot in Langley

·
Registered
510 Posts
I find joe rocket/icon etc. To be a bit baggy...looking for a relaxed/slimmer fit.
Agreed. The only riding jeans i've ever found that are both comfy, protective, and don't make you look like a dork are Dainese. Haven't crashed in them, but not really hoping to test them in that regard anyway.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
i hear those joe rocket pants are good for a 160kph slide.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
400 dollar jeans? that don't even come hemmed properly? isn't that a tad ridiculous? or am I just out of it..

·
15,773 Posts
dont you know anything. that's the latest hipster crazy to do your jeans like that. usually combined with pristine work boots.

If ya going to spend that money, might as well spend it on the original draggin jeans.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking like Dianese is still the front-runner, but thank you for the responses. Totally forgot about Draggin, but they don't seem to have armor (atleast not on most of the models that I have looked at ) where would I go about trying on Draggin' Jeans locally?

·
15,773 Posts
i think ive seen them at pacific at one point.

·
Captain Charisma
216 Posts
Daytona sells the Draggin jeans they fit just like reg boot cut jeans, and they also sell the knee pads for them. I bought a pair there near the end of the season but haven't ridden with them yet. Besides real men can pull off wearing normal jeans. My last pair was good for a 180km/hr slide...umm on the track:devillook bloodyjeans.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/

These are amazing. They're fairly pricey, but they're leagues above what everyone else offers. The protections is amazing, the ENTIRE jeans are K-Tech aramid lined, as opposed to just the knees and hips like a lot of other jeans. You can also order them with armor in the knees and hips. I ordered mine with knee and hip armor and you barely notice it.

One of the biggest selling points for me, aside from the protection, was the way they look. They literally look like jeans. I've actually been complimented on how good they look. My other ICON kevlar jeans? I was embarrassed to wear those in public. There's no way to tell that these are motorcycle jeans if you see someone wearing them, as they just look like really nice jeans. It's not until you look inside and see how well armored they are that you realize they're pretty serious.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Do they have a gusset for your "boys". I hate to crush them up tight when riding. Free delivery is good. A bit expensive. Good choice, imo. Why does riding season always mean a bit hit to the wallet?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good suggestion, those will definetely fall on the short list. Their discontinued models are actually pretty reasonable ($155 USD). I am prepared to spend $200 for a quality pair.

·
living the dream
1,109 Posts
I hear ya new helmet $$$ new gloves $ and am looking for some new jeans $$ I love riding season but my banker (wife) hates it lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

New member here. I noticed this post and figured I should chime in. Raw Kevlar, most likely 29 or 49, is a pretty poor material to use for next-to-skin applications. Traditionally kelvar is known as a abrasion resistant/bulletproof miracle fabric but what is not talked about, especially in the motorcycle PPE industry is that it's typically used as a core within a series of layers and combined with resins to achieve this. The reason for this is that Kevlar actually performs extremely poorly against UV light and against Acids/Bases -- like what your body sweats out. Another unfortunate property of Kevlar is that once it begins to degrade it does so continuously which means a garment lined with raw Kevlar has a shelf-life and replacement cycle of about 6mos to 1 year. The only real way around this is utilizing Kevlar-Aramid blends like Schoeller Keprotec (the stretchy parts of race suits), which has about the same abrasion/cut/puncture resistance as a 1.3mm piece of bovine hide but these generally cost about double what raw Kevlar 29/49 costs -- as long as consumers aren't properly educated Kevlar is essentially free money for unethical manufacturers.

TL;DR Kevlar not recommended for against the body usage. Kevlar jeans are a bit of a scam.

Source: I work in PPE manufacturing. Can provide sources if you guys are interested but I'll have to dig 'em up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts