BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I picked up a pair of Resurgence Jeans recently and I'm really, really, really happy with them. They have a full Pekev (their variation of water resistant Kevlar) lining throughout the pants, hard armour in the knees as well as soft hip armour. I feel so much safer in these compared to my Icon jeans which had no armour and kevlar only in the knees and hips. These Resurgence jeans aren't cheap but seem to be the highest level of protection available in a jean.

FYI I wanted to try out the Pekev lining as opposed to basic Kevlar in other brands because my research revealed major concerns with Kevlar and its tendency to become degraded when in contact with water. I haven't quite figured out if it's only while wet or if Kevlar is permanently damaged when exposed (i.e. coming out of the washing machine).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I picked up a pair of Resurgence Jeans recently and I'm really, really, really happy with them. They have a full Pekev (their variation of water resistant Kevlar) lining throughout the pants, hard armour in the knees as well as soft hip armour. I feel so much safer in these compared to my Icon jeans which had no armour and kevlar only in the knees and hips. These Resurgence jeans aren't cheap but seem to be the highest level of protection available in a jean.

FYI I wanted to try out the Pekev lining as opposed to basic Kevlar in other brands because my research revealed major concerns with Kevlar and its tendency to become degraded when in contact with water. I haven't quite figured out if it's only while wet or if Kevlar is permanently damaged when exposed (i.e. coming out of the washing machine).
Thanks for the info. Resurgence jeans look amazing. I didn't realize there was a "Hoods" Canadian equivalent, with regards to protective motorcycle jeans. The Pekev definitely sounds impressive... " in some forms being 15 times more resistant to abrasion than carbon steel". If I would have known about these, I might have purchased them instead of my Hoods Jeans, simply because of the Pekev. I absolutely love my Hoods jeans, but I wouldn't mind trying some of Resurgences stuff out.

What model jeans did you end up buying? Did it take long to ship? I think I'm going to pick up a pair of their Chinos next winter, or maybe even their hoodie. I typically think most motorcycle hoodies are useless, but their's actually sounds pretty decent, mainly because of the Pekev. The silk lining sounds pretty bad ass as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Resurgence is another made in the U.K. brand and they sell them at Vancouver BMW Ducati and Holeshot for around $250 or $300 (if memory serves). I have the Blackbird style jean. I honestly can't say that they're super comfortable but that's only because they have hard armour and I can always feel it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Resurgence is another made in the U.K. brand and they sell them at Vancouver BMW Ducati and Holeshot for around $250 or $300 (if memory serves). I have the Blackbird style jean. I honestly can't say that they're super comfortable but that's only because they have hard armour and I can always feel it.
I was at Vancouver BMW Ducati before the weekend and they had the Resurgence stuff marked down to $150, so get it while you can. Apparently they're clearing it out due to less-than-positive experiences with the company, but said they still consider the product a good one.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I was at Vancouver BMW Ducati before the weekend and they had the Resurgence stuff marked down to $150, so get it while you can. Apparently they're clearing it out due to less-than-positive experiences with the company, but said they still consider the product a good one.
that is a great deal. I tried some on at Van BMW/Ducati, they felt very durable. Unfortunately they were very tight through the legs. This is more a body problem for me and most jeans, small waist, big legs all the way down. Almost any jean that looks half decent (moto or otherwise) has no chance of fitting my legs at my required waist size. Too bad, i was super excited for that brand. Its also why i'm nervous to order a pair of Hood jeans without trying them on first. I'll stick with my Dainese jeans for now, they fit right, look right, and provide an acceptable level of protection for around town.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If my Maples take much longer to arrive I may be looking at the Resurgence stuff myself. Never have too much gear, right?

Apparently the Maples will be about another month; they had some supply problems with the denim for the particular jeans I ordered. I am apparently just lucky.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts