BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, has anyone tried swapping out their ignition switches for a keyless ignition system? I'm getting sick of keys and something like the Digital Guard Dawg has really got me thinking about going keyless. But would first like to hear some real-life experiences before I drop a few hundred on it....

·
Super Moderator
23,551 Posts
Hey All, has anyone tried swapping out their ignition switches for a keyless ignition system? I'm getting sick of keys and something like the Digital Guard Dawg has really got me thinking about going keyless. But would first like to hear some real-life experiences before I drop a few hundred on it....
Looks to be a $500-$700 option, once installed, and generally marketed at cruisers.

I have to expect, for that much $$$, there are not a whole bunch of sportbike riders who
would entertain this.

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
"I got you niggas checkin game I'm ballin out on every level
Hear them haters talk but there's nothing you can tell em
Just made a million got another million on my schedule
No love for em nigga breakin hearts
No keys... push to start!" - Black and Yellow // Wiz Khalifa

You could aways hotwire your bike with a simple switch somewhere. Wasn't there a thread recently on here about using the killswitch as the key switch?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
My bike has that built in (Concours 14). It's great not having to fumble with keys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very happy with my Digital Guard Dawg, have it on GSXR & Camaro and havent had a key in 2 years, house not included, go for it, worth every penny:evilgrin

·
Super Moderator
23,551 Posts
I am very happy with my Digital Guard Dawg, have it on GSXR & Camaro and havent had a key in 2 years, house not included, go for it, worth every penny:evilgrin
Goes to the trouble of signing up today, from Cali (where digital guard dawg is from), to post this...pretty credible...LOL

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
I'm getting sick of keys
1st world problem! :D

I have used both systems and I keep going back to the keys. It is nice in all but the unlocking and locking is not always consistent. And if it doesn't work your eff'ed. So may have a key on you at all times anyways.

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts