BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, how many have touched down on the street?
I know this is probably a bad thing, since 'if you're going fast enough to touch knee, you're going to fast for the street'....yaddayadda.

Now I don't have a full suit, so I havn't touched knee down, but gawd I've gotta be close. (i go edge to edge on my tires, so I know I'm close) I know If I had some kneepucks I'd be doing this...how can you resist a nice corner?

so who's got pucks, and actually touches down on the street?

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I've touched me knee pucks down on the street...problem was that I also touched my bike down at the same time...and I use 'touch' in the loosest form of the word...as evidenced by the condition of my last bike.

But if you see my left knee puck...the story is that it happened at Laguna Seca, okay? :thumbup

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crashing doesn't count.
I've done *that* allready.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I can't even get my knee down on the track yet. Touching toes and footpegs about once or twice a lap but the DAMN SUIT IS STILL TOO STIFF to let me stick my knee out far enough........ :laughing

Don't really care actually.....

Oh, I did get too close to some of the banked curbing and had to lift my knee further in to the bike to keep from possibly banging it off the end of the curbing. Now THAT would have made my eyes sweat.....:eek

·
K1200S
255 Posts
I'd be too nervous to put my knee down on the streets. The tires can never get hot enough on the streets to give me the confidence to lean it way over. Even on the track I usually wait until the second or third session before I scrape my pucks.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
hmmm...this story sounds familiar. BMatt, was that you that I was talking to yesterday at BK? I was the one buying that 6R. Funny, it didn't even occur to me that you were...well, you from this board.

BMatthews said:
I can't even get my knee down on the track yet. Touching toes and footpegs about once or twice a lap but the DAMN SUIT IS STILL TOO STIFF to let me stick my knee out far enough........ :laughing

Don't really care actually.....

Oh, I did get too close to some of the banked curbing and had to lift my knee further in to the bike to keep from possibly banging it off the end of the curbing. Now THAT would have made my eyes sweat.....:eek

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Harps said:
hmmm...this story sounds familiar. BMatt, was that you that I was talking to yesterday at BK? I was the one buying that 6R. Funny, it didn't even occur to me that you were...well, you from this board.

Well, small world ain't it:) With 400 members and still growing and without going around with a

hello, my name is
BMatthews

on our chests I guess this is going to happen a lot more.

Good ta meet ya anyway.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
BMatthews said:

Well, small world ain't it:) With 400 members and still growing and without going around with a

hello, my name is
BMatthews

Good ta meet ya anyway.
Gotta put it on your windscreen like so many of the guys are doing hehe.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
BMatthews said:

hello, my name is
BMatthews

Good ta meet ya anyway.
Well I'm currently working on t-shirts, however - if you could have you screen name stiched into the sleeve,that'd be pretty sweet...

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Mr. Murphy said:

Gotta put it on your windscreen like so many of the guys are doing hehe.
Not a bad idea........

Pilot- BMatthews
........ :D

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
Or even better ...paint your name on your helmet...Like fighter pilots;)

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
FloMan said:
Or even better ...paint your name on your helmet...Like fighter pilots;)
i painted my name onto my helmet the other day - turned out pretty good.

D

·
0 Posts
oh man, if only i had my own bike and helmet...

i could get my boss at work to do some sweet designs on my helmet. He does airbrushing and stuff, and used to do bikes (choppers and stuff) back in toronto. I bet if i had a helmet and gave it to him to do something with my name on it, it would turn out really well.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I will post back here and post pictures next friday....keep an eye out folks.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts