BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i could get a look at bc labour laws, and possibly suggest a lawyer that deals with labour issues...
thanks in advance.

-d

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
AlphaQ said:
does anyone know where i could get a look at bc labour laws, and possibly suggest a lawyer that deals with labour issues...
thanks in advance.

-d

umm....everything ok ? anything we folks can help you with ? what's the situation ?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: labour laws

Human said:

umm....everything ok ? anything we folks can help you with ? what's the situation ?

thanks for the concern :)
nothing major is happening right now really.
im a contractor and my employer hasn't honoured my invoice - it's been over a month. i'm going to give them a couple more weeks and ask them nicely to pay up. if that doesn't help im gonna go to court. i doubt i'll be able to continue working there after that, so i dont want the whole court thing to happen.

thanks everyone.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Thats weak that the guy hasn't paid you. Not really much you can do besides keep calling him and asking him when it's gona be ready or take him to court. Sounds kinda hoakey to me, we've been in business for 10 years and never would we make someone wait for a paycheque whether it's a subcontractor or a regular employee. I wouldn't worry about doing more work for them, they sound like their a fly by night business anyway, anyone who doesn't have enough cashflow to pay the bills is Mickey Mouse in my books.

Oh outta curiousity what do you do?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quasi said:
Thats weak that the guy hasn't paid you. Not really much you can do besides keep calling him and asking him when it's gona be ready or take him to court. Sounds kinda hoakey to me, we've been in business for 10 years and never would we make someone wait for a paycheque whether it's a subcontractor or a regular employee. I wouldn't worry about doing more work for them, they sound like their a fly by night business anyway, anyone who doesn't have enough cashflow to pay the bills is Mickey Mouse in my books.

Oh outta curiousity what do you do?
im QA at a software company. i do coding & general type of stuff.
they were laying people off a few months back but needed me to stick around for a few hours a week because i happen to be one of the senior people there (in terms of how long i've been there)..
that was very convinient because im managing to work AND go to school. we've had management change on us a few times in the last year. problem is if i start bitching at them now they'll just dump me. i dont want that to happen..it's a nice and easy job and i get paid well. i work with nice people too (not counting the higher level management). since im a contractor they can fire me any second. i probably wouldn't be able to take them to court for wrongful termination either. im sure i'll get my money eventually...bah.. i have savings; so it's not a matter of cash flow or anything it's just starting to bother me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts