BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
So is lanesplitting common on the coast here in BC? *I never do it or see it happening here in the interior. But obviously one is a small sampling.*

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
So is lanesplitting common on the coast here in BC? *I never do it or see it happening here in the interior. But obviously one is a small sampling.*

It's not common at all here where I live and travel, Surrey/Langley/Abbotsford/Burnaby. Shoulder bandits are much more common.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's not common at all here where I live and travel, Surrey/Langley/Abbotsford/Burnaby. Shoulder bandits are much more common.
I saw the unicorn the other day.. north bound scott road.. a hi viz filterer... I thought those werent supposed to exist.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
i mean.. you cost me like 2 grand and a giant headache.. not to mention being a bit of a dick imo whilst doing it.. so.. uh are we supposed to be friends?
Wow, haven’t been here in months and this pops up in my feed. I had forgotten all about this. a prize.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If lanesplitting were legal it would sure help traffic flow and I think reduce aggressive in traffic passing by motorcyclists. Just a pipe dream in this province of shitty drivers and spirit crushing traffic laws.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
If lanesplitting were legal it would sure help traffic flow and I think reduce aggressive in traffic passing by motorcyclists. Just a pipe dream in this province of shitty drivers and spirit crushing traffic laws.
You are correct. I've mentioned it before, as much as I love lane sharing/splitting in Europe and California, it would be a recipe for disaster if it was deemed a legal action in British Columbia. Such are the state of cage drivers here in 2020, either technically incapable of the the most basic of vehicle operation, and or self entitled, impatient, rude humans. I've tried it many times, constantly get stuff thrown at me, multiple attempts to cut me off, even fully laden tandem dump trucks that hold up 1/4 mile of traffic on every hill on Hwy 1 will try to turn me off into the ditch
The carnage on motorcyclists would overwhelm the insurance system, which would inevitably lead to massive premium increase. We've all seem the current strata insurance premiums, and know the reasons why. Insurance companies, even ICBC, will not take the hit.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts