BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have formed the Langley Speedway Historical Society in order that we may protect and restore a legendary track in our area. If you have any stories, photos, programs or news clippings you would like to share, please scan them, send them to me and I will be sure to credit you on our discussion page. Our agenda also includes promoting safe participation in motorsports events (whatever your choice may be) at existing facilities, such as Agassiz Speedway and Mission Raceways. We are not focused on reopening the track, though I will admit it seems everyone I come in contact with has the opinion it should be. The track is on public land (Campbell Valley park-GVRD) and it is not completely out of the question that if enough people voiced their opinions (in a positive manner) in favour of this, it could happen. If you want a link to our discussion page, please let me know and I will send you the links. If i have permission to post the links in this forum, I will do that also. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
That's great. :thumbup

Go ahead and post your links, I'm sure some of the people around here would like to hear what's being discussed.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I have a few leaf blowers that are attached to a few TTR 125's and would donate them and my time to keeping the track cleaned off, if that helps.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All help will be appreciated. We are currently working towards a major clean up of the site. Please join our discussion group so we can keep you posted. Your positive attitude and offer of help is exactly what is needed. Overwhelming support will overwhelm opposition. Cheers, Billy!

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Similary, I have a leather suit that's great at sliding along pavement, which could be used to clear unwanted gravel and debris from the track surface.

However, I will need to borrow one of those TTR-125s to get enough momentum going...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of our members will be at the TRADEX this weekend for the motorsports show, myself included. I will be handing out cards and talking about our agenda. Let me know, if you meet me, that you are from this forum. It is good to know where our support is coming from.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We will be having a "walkabout" at the track on March 11 at 2pm. Everyone is welcome. If you have any pictures, programs or memories of Langley Speedway, please bring them along. Kids and dogs welcome. Cheers!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We will soon present our case for heritage designation of Langley Speedway. It would be very helpful to have a list of names of supporters so we can show we have a large group of people behind us. If you have any interest in this project and want to help, we ask you to email us at [email protected] or join at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/langleyspeedwayHS/

You don't have to do anything but say you support us, unless you want to play a part in this unique endeavour. We could really use someone that has powerpoint skills and of course someone that is familiar with applicable laws. Please, at least add your name as a supporter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Have you guys contacted the media about your goals and aspirations? If not, PM me and I can offer some advice on how to go about this in a positive manner.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
SpideRider said:
Have you guys contacted the media about your goals and aspirations? If not, PM me and I can offer some advice on how to go about this in a positive manner.
Heed this advice. He works in the media industry and has done a wonderful job promoting motorcycles in the past. :rockon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts