BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with newer ZX-6R's I have two questions:

1) Has anyone ever found a high-mount exhaust for our bikes, I have looked all over the net and only found them for ZX-9R's.

2) Has anyone done any serious modifications to the tail, like replace the whole back end with a race solo seat. They are only about $250 brand new plus painting and if you could find a used one it would be even better. If I am going to go ahead and hack the fender off I want it to look really good, maybe have two systems, one with the original seat, storage and fender and one with the solo seat and remove the whole under-tray/fender (and rig something up for the battery box)

So if anyone knows of either of these or is interested in trying some tail mods like these let me know because I am just trying to figure out how I will make it all work.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Someone over at SBN found a 600 hi mount but I don't remember who's. All I know was that it looked great and they didn't have it for the 900.

Micron????

I doubt if you'll find a used solo tail in very good shape. Most of them are used for racing and they take their share of abuse. But 250 for a new one isn't bad. That'll add up after paint.

AFAIK the aftermarket stuff comes with NO mounting holes. But this is good because you can trim the solo tail to fit your existing tray and avoid having to change the battery. I had also thought about using the solo tail as a pattern to make up a fiberglass seat pan that wraps up the vertical part on the rear of the seat area. Add some quick connects or a desk lock to the seat and cut an access hole into the rear vertical portion and you've got a quick trunk access that still looks racy.

And since you would need to paint chop the undertail and paint it at the same time like PH-Q2 did.

PS: I forgot to mention that the aftermarket glass doesn't allow for any tail lights either so that's another good reason for keeping the rear under tray.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
this guy on SBN imported the dual highmount system for his R6, it looks friggin sweet! :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Problem with the dual pipes is there bloody expensive. About twice the price of what I went with...

I was very tempted though... :D

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
twice the price, but twice the fun :) but ohhh, they look soooo sweeet :) :) :)

That twin pipe system runs from $740-$900 depending on the style of can (oval, round, carbon, steel, titanium, etc) that you get.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
twice the price, but twice the fun :) but ohhh, they look soooo sweeet :) :) :)

That twin pipe system runs from $740-$900 depending on the style of can (oval, round, carbon, steel, titanium, etc) that you get.
If that price is right then they are right in line with slipons. OK Adam, no excuses now.......... :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya so what would be the best exhaust for a new ZX-6R, from what I have heard the Muzzy system is the best. I know the World Supersport teams use a Akropovic on their race ZX-6R though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts