BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happened….my stupidity got the best of me:( . I just low-sided my bike:( .

I had just finished washing it and had decided to go around the block. This was to warm up the chain and remove the moisture from it so I could lube it. Anyways, I grab my lid…and only my lid…and head out. I go up the street and turn the corner only to have my back end pass me while going through the corner. As I turned right and started to throttle up, the back end broke loose and actually came around so far I locked my steering. Obviously I grabbed too much throttle. Because I was leaned over and the tires were cold and a little wet, the back end just went out on me. I was only traveling at about 30 kph at the time but it ended with me low-siding my bike on the right side.

As for damage done to myself and my bike.....

I’ve got a little rash on my elbow and knee and that’s about it. As for the bike, the right side fairing is messed up. All of the decals are wrecked and there are two spots that are ground down. Luckily there are no holes in the fairing though. I totaled my right side mirror and broke my brake lever as well. The carbon Yosh took a bit of a beating as well. The bolting flange has been ground down but its still usable.

The lesson:

Always wear your gear no matter what your doing or how far your going!!! I was lucky I only went down @ 20-30 kph. If the tires were warmer, I may have high-sided. Make sure you take it easy for the first little bit after washing your bike. The tire will be cold and may have moisture/soap on them. Your traction will not be there unless they are warmed up.

All in all, a very expensive lesson learned. I knew better, but all it takes is one little brain fart to ruin your day. Learn from my mistake and make sure your tires are warm and most importantly, wear your gear.

atom

·
Registered
417 Posts
Glad that you're ok, man... That's really sucks.
Since you smashed up your right side, why not ask CanadianGixxer if his right side is for sell (if it fits yours) ?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Glad your ok, sounds like lots of mishaps today.

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude,.. today has been a rough day for a lot of you guys,.. thats shitty..

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
damn damn damn damn damn, that sucks major ass dude :( what is with april anyway? me, human and now you all lowside our babies :(

how'd the tail come out? any scratches? turn signals break? top fairing scratched?

xenz: my fairings fit atom's bike as well. and they'll be for sale anyday now :) me need money :) though it'll look a little odd to have a different yellow/black scheme on his bike.... but it'll fit....

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
btw, hey atom, why not get race fairings like me :) then we'll get our bikes done up like the corona suzuki's :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
bad weekend overall what 3 people went down ? ya I know about the gear thingy, I wear full gear even when I go for excatly what you went for, aftr wash thingy....that was the time last year when I got back home, and managed to get the bike to land on me when the front end slipped over the water hose I had been too lazy to put away....:rolleyes

·
Registered
193 Posts
hey atom, it was nice meeting you today. i'm sorry to hear that you went down. shit happens i guess. most important thing is that you are okay.

·
ignorance + apathy
286 Posts
Oh, man ... glad that you are OK ... :( poor baby (I meant the bike).

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
I almost hi-sided the TLR after a washing.
Damn close.
Cold tires masked with water and wd40 are a bad combination.

I was in shorts and hat.

We all learn from our mistakes. Bodywork can be fixed but a busted nogan can't. You should be fortunate that your healthy and even able to ride a bike.

Take it easy guys,

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
bl1tz said:
shiet.... everyone's crashing their bikes these days.

i think it's time to put FURS on the bike atom:D

you going to donate some of yours ? you hairy beast ! :p

C

·
0 Posts
glad to hear your ok atom. its always the simple lessons taht are so hard to learn aint it. but just be glad that youre able to ride again with only a coupel scratches and now a story to tell @ the sandpiper. :D :rider

·
Nutrition guy
1,315 Posts
Ya glad to hera you are ok. Bikes heal faster than people. I also had a bail without gear on and I was very lucky not to have been hurt. I was riding with a true squid on Marine near Wreck beach. This was still when I was learning how to ride a sportbike and I ended nailing a curb at about 65km/h and highsiding. :knife Luckily I was quick enough to brake and try to lowside so only the side of rim hit the curb but I flipped over and tumbled on grass. The bike slid on the grass so it was just some cosmetic (ie pride) damage. My khakis I was wearing were green and my non riding jacket split open. If I was on the pavement I would been huting big time. ALWAYS wear your riding gear!:rider

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Glad to hear your wern't seriously hurt Atom

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the reply folks but I was lucky compared to others this week. All-in-all, the bike isn't too bad. I'm more pissed at my stupidity than the damage. The decal package on the right side is a mess. I'm gonna have to check and see if you can order just the decals from suzuki. If not, I've got two options...buy a new OE fairing or repaint the bike. What do you guys think of something like this....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts