BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I definetetly need to buy some of this stuff.. leathers way too stiff. Any paticular brand / method you guys prefer?

A

·
0 Posts
leather conditioner?

The brand name is Tana and it` s called "Style 16".It is an aerosol,so I guess any "Greenpeacers" here won`t want to use it:).The guys at the Original Leather Factory recomended it and have been using it twice a season on my suit which is now 10 years old :cool .............ken.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
We just got some creamy stuff from Dania Leathers when Sherry bought a dress coat there recently. It's supposed to restore the suppleness and repels water. I'm gonna use some on my racing suit really soon. It feels like I'm wearing plywood.

It's just called Dania Leather Conditioner. $12 IIRC

B

·
0 Posts
I've heard shaving cream works well. at least that's what I've used on baseball mitts. plus, you'l smell like a million bucks!

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
Re: leather conditioner?

auger said:
,so I guess any "Greenpeacers" here won`t want to use it:).
you can use this product with a fairly clean conscience as aerosols are not longer made with ozoned depleting CFC's.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was under the assumption a 'rub' in type would be a lot more effective? Am I wrong? I'm not looking to just protect.. I want to soften it up..

A

·
0 Posts
leather conditioner?

The "Style 16" stuff moisturizes(which then would soften)leather,it also makes it easier to remove dried bug goo,and also makes the leather somewhat water resistant.I`m sure the rub in stuff would be better at repelling water :rolleyes ...........ken.

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
I think you just need to work the leather back and forth to soften it up. I washed a pair of leather gloves and they were very stiff when they dried. I just worked them back and forth and they softened up like new.

You would probably need a gallon of rub-in conditioner to do your suit, since it is a lot thicker than a regular leather jacket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts