BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still a novice and I'm looking to see if Leather Gear is better than Textile. I live in Vancouver and I'd love to see if there is a reliable place I can try on some leathers.

What should I look for in terms of quality?

Also ... I'm a poor broke student so any method of saving is greatly appreciated!

·
BannedSpammer
3,339 Posts
Leather has better abrasion resistance and is more expensive. Textile is cooler in hot weather and generally cheaper but will basically melt into your skin if you slide on it too long.

Save money by shopping for discontinued items, last year's stock, or buying used gear on craigslist. Or check out East Side Re-rides in east van for consignment gear.

edit: once again, I didn't notice this thread was in the Women's forum. Please don't infract me....I was simply replying to threads that came up under "new posts".

·
Registered
224 Posts
Leather is generally held to be better than textiles, that said, I know lots and lots of people who wear textiles.

I'm selling a 2 piece set of leathers. They fit like a size 12.

+1 for East side rerides. Try craigslist too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leather is generally held to be better than textiles, that said, I know lots and lots of people who wear textiles.

I'm selling a 2 piece set of leathers. They fit like a size 12.

+1 for East side rerides. Try craigslist too
Assuming size 12 is approximately an XL? How much are you selling for? And I'm a small :(

Yeah I will definitely check out East Side! Craigslist wasn't much of a help for me, unfortunately.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah, they probably wouldn't fit you then. I've got them for sale for $200. Too bad, they're in brand new condition.

·
Asian Persuasion
913 Posts
You should give the shops a call to see what they have for women's leathers. I'm sure you will find a good deal on leftover inventory. I know Western had some leather suits on display at PRS.

·
corner worker
1,024 Posts
Rubber side down? Not sure if they are still in business, but if they are? They also had an alteration service that did some awesome work on my wife's gear.

·
license to chill
2,863 Posts
You don't have a bike so don't be in a rush for gear. We're just heading into the magic time for buying used gear especially. Stores will have closeouts. Riders will trade their bike gear for snow gear. Research size charts and store/forum feedback so when an opportunity comes up you can jump on it quick. Monitor the accessories section here religiously! I've bought multiple jackets and suits here with great success. I've gotten rid of my old things at bargain prices to people who needed them more than me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts