BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went by RMS today..

Yes it was my bi-weekly visit.. but truely only to see if they got any new Spyke stuff in yet..

And they haven't..

I didnt however notice that they have some suits I hadn't seen before.. so I decided to try some on.

I tried on the Spyke Drome (reg $1499) 2-pc. Size 56 seemed to be where I fit in at, but man that mofo is tight!

I couldn't believe how uncomfortable it was... having just tried on a Size 56 Dainese Tattoo jacket 2 seconds before hand, and having that feel like silk against my skin and SUPER comfortable.

The difference Tracey (the salesgirl that I'm sure we all know) said was that the 2pc jackets arn't anywhere near the same cut and length of a 'casual' jacket.

That sucks. I thought, ok, got a little bit of coin laying around, why don't I buy a 2pc, and have a jacket that I can wear for just casual riding.. YA RIGHT! What's the point?! I don't see one.. as the jacket is very short and very tight, I think the likely-hood me wearing it out by itself is slim to none.

What do you guys think?

That Spyke 4-race suit looks pretty nice too, I can't justify dropping the coin on the T-Shield.. it's just too much for me..

Oh, and BTW.. I'm not a theif or anything - but their changing room is a closet, with all their Sidi boots... OH SO TEMPTING. :p

So am I screwed? Do I buy a 1pc for track/agressive riding then just by a regular jacket as well?

Is their no end to this money hole? (don't answer that).. :p

D

·
0 Posts
get a two piece for your agressive stuff, but an armoured fabric jacket for work/quick jaunts.

i wear my teknic suit for everything but work and trips to joeys. unless of course we are heading to joeys after a ride

X

·
0 Posts
My 2piece suit (HJC) works like a charm.. I could not imagine a 1piece suit for everyday driving.

You can bring a pair of jeans and a backpack + you are able to change for casual occasions. With a Full suit, good luck fitting it in a backpack.. pants are at least doable. You are still stuck with the Jacket though.. (I think it looks cool)

If it is reallly really hot out, in a 1piece you don't have the luxury of unzipping @ the waist and opening your jacket without everone seeing your underwear :p (even though they are preforated, doesn't do ya any good when stopped at a light imo)

I love all types of leathers 1 piece, 2 piece.. but I prefer a 2 piece suit. Both have their places in motorcycling..

Just my opinion

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only problem is, there is no practicality for the jacket by itself.. I can only really wear a t-shirt beneath it, and it fits very snug and stops at my pant-line, not going over it at all.

Your right though, I would be able to change into regular pants, which may come in handy.. but the jacket itself was just so overly disappointing.

I'm drawn on what to do at this point..

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Ditto, 2 piece HJC suit, I wear just the jacket a lot.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr. Murphy said:
Ditto, 2 piece HJC suit, I wear just the jacket a lot.
Don't you find it a bit short?

I found that if I went up to the 58 I'd have more room to breathe, but the protectors wouldn't hold in place in the event of a crash IMO...

X

·
0 Posts
I am in a 46 HJC 2 piece suit.. I have never had a problem with the elbow/arm protectors shifting on me

·
Registered
634 Posts
I almost think if I did it again I'd get a 1 piece. Now that I'm used to leathers I cant ride without them, it just doesnt feel right. I think the fit would be a bit better in a one piece, I find the waist is a little loose on the 2pc's. the only time I've really taken my 2 piece apart was for that pocketbike race the other day.

-arai-

D

·
0 Posts
adamantium said:

Don't you find it a bit short?

I found that if I went up to the 58 I'd have more room to breathe, but the protectors wouldn't hold in place in the event of a crash IMO...
thats why i have a separate fabric jacket. the only place i don't wear the full leathers is to work. the leather jacket IS way too short, and its worse for us fat asses. in fact, the only jacket that doesn't ride up my back is my black fieldsheer, but it has a massive elastic in the bottom.

G

·
0 Posts
Over the years I have collected (money pit part of things) a fabric armoured jacket which is great in spring and fall. A leather jacket which is great for to and from work. A one peice leather suit for track/aggresive riding. I couldn't really see going back to just a 2 pce or a 1 pce now that I have accumulated all this stuff.
yes it is never ending........

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gsxr6.. I think that's what it boils down to.. it's never ending. :(

Oh well, there goes all my 'mad' money. :p

I'm off to the store.

Wish me luck. :p

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I had this same problem when I got my racing suit. The shop was holding a suit for me out of a batch that came in. When I tried it on it was comfy and had enough room for a sweater underneath. But I went one size down because the best for racing is a suit that fits a little snug so the armor doesn't shift in a fall and the leather doesn't move against your skin and tear or otherwise abrade you.

Fortunetley it's paying off. The first full day of wear has the suit stretching in all the tight spots and feeling pretty good now. But if I had wanted a street suit I would have gotten the other bigger one. And being that little bit bigger I could have got away with wearing the jacket by itself but it would ride up a little in the back. In case you haven't noticed a lot of bike jackets have a lower cut in the rear. The two piece suit jackets don't have that at all.

S

·
0 Posts
Why don't you try a slightly bigger size? My 2 piece is a bit large for me (doesn't cling to me like a second skin) because I needed the larger size for the length of the suit to be right (I'm a skinny a$$ mofo). So far it's been working out great because I can wear a sweatshirt under the jacket when it gets cold!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts