BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of leather pants.....Joe Rocket Supermoto's......Everything fits perfectly exept they're a little too tight in the thigh area. They are size 30....I tried a pair of 32's but my knee's were too high....the thigh area wast fine but they seemed too long. SHould I have gone with the longer pants? My thoughts at th etime were tighter is better....plus can't I get them modified a little at a leather shop?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask us again after you ride in them for a bit.
The reason I brought it up was to try to figure it out before I take the tags off and go riding.... once the tags are off I officially own them. I can still bring them back right now as is... I only brought them home because I wanted to try them sitting on my bike in the "riding position"

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
usually it's simpler to just try on the item in the shop and sit on one of their bikes there.
there's not likely going to be a huge difference in the way the garment feels from sitting on their bike versus your bike.

edit: the tighter being better is the smarter approach

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usually it's simpler to just try on the item in the shop and sit on one of their bikes there.
Problem with that is the store closes at 5:30pm. Not nearly enaugh time for me to make up my mind! I've been sitting on my bike in my living room with my leathers on for that last hour and a half only getting up to reply to this thread. My money has severe seperation anxiety!:laughing

·
Rider
121 Posts
Leather will stretch with use. If your knees are in the right place in the 30's and the suit is not overly tight on the thighs, I would keep them. Also, if they are snug, just loose some weight.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You WOMAN!
Keep 'em! They'll stretch! Damn fool! tear the tags off and mark up the 'pucks' already!!

shee-sh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts