BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Riding in the rain
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I parked my bike outside in my backyard. I have a dowco cover covering it. But I am still somewhat worried about the bike. With the heavy snow and the low temperature these few days, do you think my bike would be ok?
The bike was fueled up to the top before I parked. Would my gas freeze inside?

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
the temp here will not get cold enough to freeze.

it wont get cold enough or do any damage unless you are running straight water in your coolant, which I highly doubt.

oh did replacing that cover and charging the battery make it start?

G

·
uh, gas doesn't freeze until about -300 f. its flashpoint is -97 f, which means it will still ignite at about 100 degrees below 0.

i'd be more concerned about other things if we got to the point where gas would freeze.

·
Rider
189 Posts
Talking about leaving your bike outside I took this pic from my balcony. Some one who live in my apartment doesnt care too much about their bike.

·
Riding in the rain
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, i wonder if that bike would start after the snow is gone...

Colin- yea, the cover worked. Everything else is fine now. Thanks so much again. I am just a bit worried about the weather right now.

I never knew it would take so low of a temperature to freeze gas, so i guess that's out of my concern.
I hope my bike would start after this tho~

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
Bikes are tough. What is a bit of snow? I ride in the rain, will my bike disintegrate? Deanner, buddys bike is fine. Snow if very similar to rain only your bike does not get wet until the snow melts.

I used to store my bike wrapped in a tarp in a ski hill parking lot in the rockies where it sat from november until april. the temp would drop to -35C and the snowpack would pretty much bury the thing. In the spring I would put the battery in, check the tires and fire it up.

Riding right now will fuck your bike up unloess you have the thing covered in some sort of protectant and or wash it frequently with all the salt on the road. A few days in this shit without cleaning it up will corode tons of hidden things and mar your aluminium if left for a while.

Do what Godspeed says and you'll be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts