BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first of two, possibly three parts will air tonight on CTV News at 6pm called "Left Lane Bandits". It's all about dangerous drivers who stubbornly drive in the left lane and force other drivers to change lanes and pass on the right.

33457_123183117737696_4538369_n[1].jpg

Update: Here is Part One (click image). Reporter St. John Alexander nails the problem. Part Two airs tonight at 6pm on CTV.

image.jpg

Update: Here is Part Two ...

image.jpg

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
...bought to you by 'Lip Service Entertainment'.

'Cuz you know it ain't going to change a thing!

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
I am also stubborn. I will flash my high beams continuously until the slow driver changes lanes to the right.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
what's the online video link? search their site. nothing showed up.

·
15,773 Posts
figured they'd have a story up or something like that.

so it's 7pm my time or 6pm my time on edmonton ctv?

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
One of the problems are the stupid signs that are on Highway 1.
I don't have a picture but it says:

Right lane = travelling lane
Left lane = passing /travelling lane

I'll get a picture and post it tonight

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least on a bike its quick to get around these guys.
That's the point. If they weren't there, you wouldn't have to "get around" these guys. Everytime there is a lane change where there is a speed difference there is the potential to cause an interaction with other vehicles...possibly with negative consequences. Why should ten, twenty or 100 (depending on length of trip for the offender) vehicles have to change lanes twice (or more) because of ONE person who is too selfish to let others by? Few would be so selfish to do it on foot, so why do it in or on a vehicle?
securedownload.jpg

·
15,773 Posts
At least on a bike its quick to get around these guys.
passing on the right
speeding
racing if the popo feels extra dicking that day

and ya taking the bus for the next 6 months.

·
Fonz Be With You
699 Posts
i hope it'll be available for download later, i wont be home til 630 .. let me know if there's a torrent download for this later

·
15,773 Posts
Checked. Nothing up here.... local alberta bs on instead :-(

·
Insert User Title Here.
4,868 Posts
Checked. Nothing up here.... local alberta bs on instead :-(
It's probably a local Vancouver story. Global did one a couple of years ago.

And thank god that's hitting the airwaves. I can see a few debates amongst the older generation who loves to sit in the left lane and teach the rest of us a speed limit lesson. I remember as a kid 30 years ago listening to my grandfather justify driving in the left lane as 'the fast lane', even if by fast he meant 1MPH more than the right lane. His children (my uncles) nearly coming to blows over it lol.

I have zero patience for left lane hogs. I'll promise not to be a jerk on the highway if you promise to get the fuck out of the left lane!!

·
license to chill
2,863 Posts
I once decided I would take the time (no matter how much) to "encourage" a HWY 1 left lane Sunday driver in his convertible to pick up the pace. He kept looking in his rear view and waving at me to back off. This went on for a substantial length of time. It never once entered his mind to change lanes or change speed.

In the end, he beat me. I just gave up... :(

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can only hope that some of the morning Knight Street truck drivers will see the story. "Professional" drivers should know better.

So many mornings...a nice wide 3 lane road, with 3 side by side trucks chugging up hill trying in futility to out-accelerate each other after the light change.
Guys....you can clearly see you are holding up all sorts of very frustrated, faster and nimbler traffic.

Please, please, please, stay in the rightmost lane. You might think you're load is just a bit lighter than the truck in front of you, or your airfilter is slightly cleaner or something, and you might think you can pass him... and perhaps you can, but it will take you from Marine to 1st to complete the pass.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
My sport touring bike, Hi Viz jacket and modulated headlight have a miraculous effect on left lane hogs.

·
15,773 Posts
maybe wiring some blue/red LEDs in with a switch on my bike will do the trick :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
And thank god that's hitting the airwaves. I can see a few debates amongst the older generation who loves to sit in the left lane and teach the rest of us a speed limit lesson.
I know people like that. "Why should I have to move over for these law breakers."

1 - 20 of 98 Posts