BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a 4 inch lift street legal in Vancouver?
There's a really nice looking Toyota with 33'' tires and 4'' lift that i am considering.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Just don't forget to budget enough for the Highup (sp?) for lifting the bike up into the box. You'd need a block and a half long ramp to do it otherwise...... :laughing

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
Should be okay, my Tonka Toy has a 4" suspention lift with a 2'' body lift and 33'' tires.Must have fender flares to cover wheels to keep it legal.Also you can call North Shore Offroad and ask them.They are also goverment inspection facility.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
It's only legal if you also get a gun-rack in the back window, and put a confederate flag on your license plate. :D But Bluestone, didn't you know that asian guys aren't allowed to drive jacked up pick-up trucks? ;) Let's go find you a nice Acura, okay?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can lift your vehicle to the moon if you wanted.. all that is required is your headlights be under 54"? .. might be 56". Rear tire must be coverd via a mud flap, with coverage to the axle. Fender flares are required if your front tires stick out past the truck body.

And the reason I know this is...

I have been through quite a few vehicle inspections.
Note: Even though your truck is modified + passed a vehicle inspection - police are still able to give you another @ their discretion.. stupid isn't it?

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
Harps said:
It's only legal if you also get a gun-rack in the back window, and put a confederate flag on your license plate. :D But Bluestone, didn't you know that asian guys aren't allowed to drive jacked up pick-up trucks? ;) Let's go find you a nice Acura, okay?
Only if you want to be a Red Neck and wear tight jeans and cowboy hat with the boots :D Sure asian guys are allowed drive jacked up pick up trucks like I do, but only if they take it 4 wheeling,mud slinging,rock crawling. :) :) Asian rather drive BMW's :thumbup

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Xyban said:

I have been through quite a few vehicle inspections.
Note: Even though your truck is modified + passed a vehicle inspection - police are still able to give you another @ their discretion.. stupid isn't it?
Try taking pictures at the VI Place, also ask the people doing the VI to write down all the things they've inspected along with current height and all that. If you get pulled over show the cop all the stuff, its still up to his discretion but he might be more lenient :)

This is what I was told by a member of teh Richmond RCMP.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even with the "now green" sticker on your window showing the exact date of your Vehicle Inspection the officer has the ability to send you back for another inspection the next day if he wants to..

(I was never hassled when I had 33" tires and a 4" lift though..)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am a lisenced motor vehicle inspector and i just looked up in the regulations and could not find anything that specifically says the allowable height of a vehicle. the only thing is for a vehicle that is lowered.

the vehicle shall not have less clearance between the vehicle and the road than between the road and the lowest point of the rim of any wheel.

xyban was also right in saying that your headlights have to be under 140 cm or 54". with a minimum height of 60 cm or approx 24", unless they are fog lamps, then they cant be lower than 30 cm.

if anyone has any questions about this sort of thing feel free to ask and i can look it up for you. i am also a certified air care inspector and could probably answer any questions you have about that too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts