BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find a clear answer in the forums so I sat down with an RCMP traffic cop and straight up asked him if the mods I wanted to do were legal. He said fender eliminators were fine as long as the plate is visible and have separate turn signals, meaning that integrated tail lights are NOT okay. Also said after market exhausts are fine as long as you don't obstruct the passenger foot pegs.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Unfortunately that's his opinion, which may not be shared by another officer or police force. You probably couldn't find a clear answer because there isn't any guarantee that any mods will be ok everywhere.**

·
license to chill
2,852 Posts
Couldn't find a clear answer in the forums so I sat down with an RCMP traffic cop and straight up asked him if the mods I wanted to do were legal. He said fender eliminators were fine as long as the plate is visible and have separate turn signals, meaning that integrated tail lights are NOT okay. Also said after market exhausts are fine as long as you don't obstruct the passenger foot pegs.
re plate placement: That is definitely an opinion but (luckily) it is the only one I've had expressed to me during license/bike checks in the lower mainland and the interior. They all say the same thing - angle it to the rear not to the sky and they won't look twice.

·
BannedSpammer
3,339 Posts
Useless thread is useless. There are sections of the MVA that point to all of this, and they certainly don't align with what this cop told you. While other cops may or may not ticket based on the same standard as him, I wouldn't count on being able to use his word in challenging a ticket some other cop gives you. All that matters is the wording in the MVA and whether you can convince a judge that your bike fit within that description.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Fender eliminators takes away your required fender and reflectors.
That alone makes your bike non compliant.
True

You can try the " The fellow I bought the bike from told me it was completely stock " !

That will work about 25% of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts