BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the trigger and bought skis last week. I haven't been on skis for evar, so it should be interesting. I have been riding carving snowboards since 2005, so it's not like I will be totally rusty.

Here's what I bought:
Rossi Soul 7 180cm
Knee bindings
Dalbello Krypton KR 2 pro id

They tried to sell me some wizzy $160 carbon poles, but I said no thanks. Got some at sportchek for $30, that way I can bend them over peoples heads and not care. Just kidding, that would be against the Skier's Responsibility code…..

I also bought a pair of non-KERS Head GS skis for almost free and put some free flex 14s on those for when the cobwebs are officially gone.

I have three days at Schwitzer lined up for christmas and a trip to Whitefish in January. Add the obligatory visits to the banff area hills and maybe revy and KH and, if I can manage not to break me, it looks like it will be a fun winter.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, not like anyone cares, but I spent a day at Schweitzer on my new equipment. It was lots of fun, even on crappy snow. They hadn't had any fresh for a while and just-above-freezing temps turned ok snow in to crap snow. I still had a good time considering I haven't been on skis in over a decade. It will be nice to see how they do on some real powder, since they are a blast on groomers and crud. I did two days on the carving board and it was almost perfect. It was my first time to Schweitzer and I would go back for sure, but probably later in the season when a little more snow has fallen. I shared a lift with a guy from the Seattle area that has been doing Christmas with his family there for quite a while and he said it was the most snow at christmas for quite a while, so I guess we had it good.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good on you for getting back on the slopes.

Rossi makes good stuff. I was sponsored by them for a dozen years and they have always provided great service. The 7 series is the kind of skis that bring people like you back into the sport. Have fun out there!

·
license to chill
2,852 Posts
I just read some reviews of the ski. Good choice! If I was in the market it would definitely get consideration. I've looked at fat skis before but spend just too much time on groomed runs for them to be a good fit. Deep snow is the one place my JO Pros are out of place. These sound like they lean a bit more towards powder than a standard all-mountain so I'm anxious to demo a pair, just not in the park.

·
corner worker
1,024 Posts
I'm sure thinking of getting back into skiing again, or that snow board thingy which is way after my time, problem is, I'm close to snow, but far from the ski hill.

Which got me thinking of some sort of portable winch lift thingy, that would work as a short run, pull you up the hill sort of gizmo.

Hmm.. where on the list should I put this contraption?
I know, right under anti-gavitational device.
Nope, right in front.
Nope, right behind tree yanker downer.
Nope, in front of that.
.... I have to think this one out a bit and get back to you later.
lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts