BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Lexol - thumbs up!

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Squisher 
G
#1 ·
Just finished cleaning and conditioning my leathers and boots with this stuff and I must say it works like a charm! :thumbup Just call me Mr. Soft and Supple....err....actually, nevermind, don't call me that :p

G
#4 ·
I got it at Pacific Yamaha (Beside RMS). it's $14.95 each (cleaner and conditioner), but each seems like they'll last a long time ( cleaned all my stuff, and still have LOTS left...probably only used 1/10 or 1/8th of it). Heh, but I ended up taking the last bottle of cleaner, so you'll probably have to wait until they order more in :p

G
#11 ·
SpideRider said:
Ensure you put mink wax on the leathers after Lexoling them.
I was just going to say that, Lexol is primarily a cleaner. After I've cleaned my leathers usually I sit down with a rag for a bit, heat up some Dubbin and Dubbin the hell out of my leathers. The Dubbin contains mink oil and a bunch of other good stuff (tallow too I think, etc etc.) that keeps leather in good shape for a long time.

#12 ·
I'm an auto detailer and can honestly say that lexol cleaner and lexol conditioner are the best i've used, yeah i've also heard that they are used in saddle shops, i get mine through a detailing product supplier called ducan, dont have the number handy though

G
#13 ·
Mack1 said:
I'm an auto detailer and can honestly say that lexol cleaner and lexol conditioner are the best i've used, yeah i've also heard that they are used in saddle shops, i get mine through a detailing product supplier called ducan, dont have the number handy though

x2! I'm also an auto detailer.

I use Pledge Lemon Scent. Works great on helmets too! (apparently...)

#14 ·
Anyone here using lexol on their leathers? *I've read a few comments here about following up with mink oil or dubbin. But lexol as I know it is a 2 bottle system. One is the cleaner and one is the conditioner. We use it on tack for the hayburners and just thinking about using it on my cortech suit, just a couple of comments in my research have made me wonder if I should follow up with something else like mink oil. Or maybe those posters were only using the lexol cleaner?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.