BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some pictures or info on a licence plate holder that I have seen on some 600RR's. It goes down under the undertail, close to the shock and it has a hinge and roller so it doesn't bend when the shock compresses.

I am not sure if I want to go that way but would like to revisit that option.

I did do a search but couldn't find anything on that.

thanks in advance

·
Hollywood
17 Posts
You are looking for a Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit. You can get them from Parts Canada, but they cost $150 for a metal bracket on a hinge, and a few lights. It does look good, but I just made my own for cheap.

·
Hollywood
17 Posts
I have also heard that the competition werkes is made to fit American plates. Canadian plates are a little bigger, so the plate has to be cut alot to make it fit the template.

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
don't know if you care or not, but that way of mouting it is likely not legal, what with it being behind the tire and all.

·
Aging Kid-at-Heart
515 Posts
http://www.competitionwerkes.com/Catalog/honda_600rr_2187629.htm

Hope that helps...

And no.. techincally not illegal as it obeys the letter of the law which dictates the plate must be lit... and must be visible from a distance of 6ft... a friend had one on his RR... had to drill out the CDN plate mounting holes to line up.

If you can sorta see how mine is on there... sandwiched between the factory light/reflector and fender mount(sans fender)... had to "modify" the plate tho... but it didn't cost me a cent...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts