BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Poser Emeritus
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone is nicely jazzed up from the bike show, what are your opinions on bike modifications and in what order.

S

·
0 Posts
anything on the bike that can be better should be replaced. it's a loooooooooooooooong road ahead but i've got a good start.

·
Poser Emeritus
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bill said:
Since everyone is nicely jazzed up from the bike show, what are your opinions on bike modifications and in what order.
1. Custom Seat (tie)
1. Suspension (tie)
3. Annual Riding School
4. Tankbag/luggage
5. Aux lights ( if night riding)
6. Electronics V-1, Sat Radio, GPS

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
cup holders!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
LEDs for my tire stems.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Modifications I need to make first:

1) +Money
2) Bike
3) Hot chick......:jk :)

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
mli35 said:
Modifications I need to make first:

1) +Money
2) Bike
3) Hot chick......:jk :)

/fwd to Matts wife

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I've always taken the position with my motorcycles (never bought a stick of chrome for my Harley, many years ago...the only chrome that was an accessorie, was a gift) that I should primarily focus on my comfort, and the motorcycle's performance, in that order. If I want bling, I'll buy art, and have it appreciate in value....
Thus, my "wish list,"
1/ comfort/performance = seat/pegs/bar relationship/suspension.
2/ money for trips......

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
battery!! at least one that can start my engine a few times during every ride. For some reason, the bike stalls out on downshift sometimes...

Other than that, floating brake disks (the single disk isn't doing well for stopping power)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
ssblade said:
anything on the bike that can be better should be replaced. it's a loooooooooooooooong road ahead but i've got a good start.
You would have to replace EVERY component on yor bike...
Why not just buy a RIZLA (Crescent) GSXR, I believe last years
bikes were advertised for $300,000.00 on their website.........:devillook

S

·
0 Posts
Saint Nick said:
You would have to replace EVERY component on yor bike...
Why not just buy a RIZLA (Crescent) GSXR, I believe last years
bikes were advertised for $300,000.00 on their website.........:devillook

isn't it past your bedtime oldtimer?

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
Most common "performance" upgrade, remove decals & replace with new ones = +10HP :laughing

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
If I had the money I would spend it on a better seat (I'm tired of my ass killing me after an hour).

Any additional money would be used to keep it on the road longer (insurance) to finance opportunities to go on long rides.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:) The only thing my bike doesn't have is an undertail kit. Oh... and an ashtray / lighter combo unit to mount alongside the switch for my heated grips - located just beside the seat-ejector button. :devillook I found a tail-kit at the show ;) ... but um still lookin' for the ashtray/lighter. We all have our needs. :D

:drinkbeer

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
I'll change anything that will make the bike faster (exhaust, airbox etc), or make it easier to ride fast (rearsets, radial piston levers etc).

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm going to be busy......working to pay for....
1. fork rebuild
2. clutch
3. seat
4. rear shock
5. steering damper
Other than that I am going to keep it pretty stock. Oh ya I have the jet kit to install yet. Oh ya and I need a jacket before the season starts too.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
bill said:
3. Annual Riding School

Bill, we have probably been riding a similar number of years, and I am curious about your annual riding school. At a track/track days or ??? Obviously, you feel it is worth it - just curious where you take the course and how you feel it benefits you and your riding.

BTW, I've got the usual bling (CF pipes), and took off the passengers pegs and anything else I don't need on the bike... and always keep the bike stocked w/ new Diablos.

·
back on the street
1,832 Posts
track time, track time, track time, new tires, track time, track time, track time, suspension work, ie fork springs and internals, and a new rear shock, track time, track time, track time, upgrade brakes, ohlins master, EBC pads and rotors, steel braided lines, track time, track time, track time,, new tracks, differnet race schools, WCSS, CLASS, STAR, etc...oh ya and more track time....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts