BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uneventful, and much easier than I thought. The tie straps take a while to figure out, but other wise easy. I am a little disapointed though as I was sure the Tacoma I just got would allow the bikes in the back with the tailgate closed, but not quite.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
You need a long box full size truck to get a full size dirtbike in straight with the gate closed.

How's the air in the KLR rear?

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Hey so what are you gonna do??? cant go ride with a flat tire.....the kawasaki needs air/fix.....

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
he's taking that to the shop real soon, the lazy fokker. Cory with the gate down, you will have less drag on the freeway, the money you save on gas can go into the dirtbikes. looking good:)

M

·
0 Posts
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
he's taking that to the shop real soon, the lazy fokker. Cory with the gate down, you will have less drag on the freeway, the money you save on gas can go into the dirtbikes. looking good:)
thats actually not true. a car and driver did a comparison using different methods of wind deflection the only one that worked properly was a bedcap/taunoe cover. the mileage was actually worst with those webbing style endgates and with the endgate removed than with it normally latched. the webbing/nogate also messed up the dynamics of the rear of the trucks. the wind would swirl under the back of the truck causing it to be light in the rear. not very favorable conditions.

i think you need a few more ratchets on that poor suzuki! you dont have to bottom out the shocks eh ;)

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
I rode dirt bikes all though my teens and still the sight of a loaded pick-up gets my blood boiling to go ride (Soon I hope!)

Saw this on a US website and it made me laugh. Now this is my idea of a good day at the track. I have to share.....

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
actually thats why the KLX is in the truck. I was takin over to Jon's so he could show me how to change the tire enduro style. The bike is good to go again :) you wouldnt believe how thin the innertube that was in there stock was! the new tube is super thick, and hopefully will last longer lol.

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NFG said:
I rode dirt bikes all though my teens and still the sight of a loaded pick-up gets my blood boiling to go ride (Soon I hope!)

Saw this on a US website and it made me laugh. Now this is my idea of a good day at the track. I have to share.....
That kinda looks like Rogers truck...its got the grill, some folding chairs....but I dont see a cooler full of Sleemans

1 - 8 of 8 Posts