BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. i've searched but came up wtih nothing. maybe i'm just retarded. anyways. i'm wondering what there is for local tracks, how often you guys do track days, and what kinda stuff is required for track days. i'm very keen to get out on the track because i've been told its the best way to learn the limits of your bike. thanks ahead of time.

dave

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
boundary bay, and mission. thats about all we have here for track days.

both are well covered in events and racing. wmrc for mission, 5th gear for boundary bay.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wmrc? wahts that? and i thought i heard someone say somethin about a track in washington?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wmrc. the local race body. lots of coverage in the racing section.

washington isn't exactly local. spokane is several hours away, as is pir.

·
Registered
978 Posts
not to highjack your thread but was just thinking-what kind of speeds do u guys get up to out at mission on the larger bikes like 1000cc

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Johnny_B said:
not to highjack your thread but was just thinking-what kind of speeds do u guys get up to out at mission on the larger bikes like 1000cc
Track record is held by a ZX6RR (Oliver Jervis). Mission isn't really a horsepower track. Not sure of top speed because the bikes are geared way down. I beleive they come close to hitting the limiter on a 600 with 15/50 gearing.

Rob or Simon would know for sure.

If you would like to receive information about the WMRC events directly, PM Andrea (Newfiegirl) she'll put you on the email list.

We'll have a booth at the bike show too.

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
Most supersport bikes do just over 200 on the front straight. It's tough to keep the big bikes hooked up and the straights aren't long enough for the 1000's to take a big advantage for their loss of drive. There's still a difference but nothing like tracks with straights you can top out on.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
for comparison sakes, according to our speedchart, we are doing roughly 160 on the front straight with our current setup on the 125s.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
Did you guys take an advanced riding course where you learned how to drag your knee and pick your lines, etc. before doing track days?

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
coolio said:
Did you guys take an advanced riding course where you learned how to drag your knee and pick your lines, etc. before doing track days?
No.

You don't need a course to learn how to ride like that. It's a good idea, but not mandatory. Some people can just do it.

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
coolio said:
Yup, it helps, but not totally necessary. also you don't need to be dragging your knees all the time at the track.

Even after a course, most people are not getting their knee down. That being said, for I would say the majority of people, taking an advanced riding course provides a good foundation on which to build from on the track. There are the rare naturally talented people who can go out on their first time and rip it up.

Everything I know about racing lines I learned from Gran Turismo :laughing

·
back on the street
1,832 Posts
I'm amazed that this thread has been up for almost a month and no one has mentioned West Coast Superbike School. I assume you've done your classs 6 thing and are reasonably comfortable with handle you bike. The next step should be an advanced course. Yes you can go straight to the track, but when you got on a bike for the first time did you go stright for the freeway? Check out www.westcoastsuperbikeschool.com Troy and his instructors are awesome, prices are very resonable and you'll learn all the basics for a more aggresive riding style.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
cosworth said:
No.

You don't need a course to learn how to ride like that. It's a good idea, but not mandatory. Some people can just do it.

Perhaps.

You do realize who you were responding to, don't you? Irresponsible post of the year award goes to.....

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Doc's a crasher is he?

Doc, I don't know where this thread started but it's in the right place now. If you can spare the coin the best way to learn to ride quicker and get the ground work is to take the Advanced Rider Training course from West Coast and then come out to Boundry Bay this summer to put what you learn into practice and build on that to get more comfy and begine moving up the ladder. If you can't afford the coin then just come out to Boundry Bay and learn more slowly.

And don't figure that you'll be dragging knee the first night. You want to feel the bike as it talks to you and sneak up on this stuff.

Contact Bill at 5th Gear for dates but he also said on another thread that the BB nights won't start up until Daylight Savings hits us again. Then it's $50 a night with absolutely no prep required. Just ask one of us in the fast group to go out with you in the slow session and give you some ideas for lines and braking and such. But if you can afford the $300'ish for the ART course it's money well spent as they provide immediate and direct feedback. Everyone that takes it is highly impressed.

If you're thinking of doing this on your ZZR please consider getting some new and sticky tires unless you just put some on laset season. No point in stacking the deck against yourself right off the bat. On the tight course at BB the 250 should be a lot of fun.

·
Woof?
1,011 Posts
CorvetteBoy said:
Perhaps.

You do realize who you were responding to, don't you? Irresponsible post of the year award goes to.....

Ya never know dude.. get the zzr boy out to bb could be the next rossi lol. all jokes aside.
meh, hes asking so atleast he knows theres options.

·
Woof?
1,011 Posts
TeeTee said:
Doc's a crasher is he?

Doc, I don't know where this thread started but it's in the right place now. If you can spare the coin the best way to learn to ride quicker and get the ground work is to take the Advanced Rider Training course from West Coast and then come out to Boundry Bay this summer to put what you learn into practice and build on that to get more comfy and begine moving up the ladder. If you can't afford the coin then just come out to Boundry Bay and learn more slowly.

And don't figure that you'll be dragging knee the first night. You want to feel the bike as it talks to you and sneak up on this stuff.

Contact Bill at 5th Gear for dates but he also said on another thread that the BB nights won't start up until Daylight Savings hits us again. Then it's $50 a night with absolutely no prep required. Just ask one of us in the fast group to go out with you in the slow session and give you some ideas for lines and braking and such. But if you can afford the $300'ish for the ART course it's money well spent as they provide immediate and direct feedback. Everyone that takes it is highly impressed.

If you're thinking of doing this on your ZZR please consider getting some new and sticky tires unless you just put some on laset season. No point in stacking the deck against yourself right off the bat. On the tight course at BB the 250 should be a lot of fun.

Ya just come up to TeeTee or myself. (ill be in the black psi race suite) were a friendly bunch. lol

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
CorvetteBoy said:
Perhaps.

Yes.

But there are other people that read this crap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts