BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a condo in downtown Vancouver with no space to do proper maintenance on my 25-year-old motorbike.
Can anyone provide garage space on a temporary basis, so I can do some work on my bike? I can bring my own tools.
I also see this as an opportunity to meet with like-minded folks and talk about bikes.
Any recommendation would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
UJ

·
backslider
11,344 Posts
Howdy.

There was, for the longest time, a drop-in motorcycle repair shop in which you could bring your bike and do your own work, while paying to use the work-bench/lift and the shop's tools. I'm pretty sure it was on the North Shore somewhere, but I have no idea if it is still an active business, or not.

Perhaps someone else on here can fill in the blanks for Lupo ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy.

There was, for the longest time, a drop-in motorcycle repair shop in which you could bring your bike and do your own work, while paying to use the work-bench/lift and the shop's tools. I'm pretty sure it was on the North Shore somewhere, but I have no idea if it is still an active business, or not.

Perhaps someone else on here can fill in the blanks for Lupo ...
Thanks K-rod,
I'll look around on the North Shore.
Winter is long.

·
Registered
18,895 Posts
All those places are out of business.

And from a "Hey use my garage for a few weeks" perspective - it is fraught with peril.

Basically, unless you have a really good friend, and I mean REALLY good, and with lots of space and willing to put up with it, you are out of luck. That is why there are shops.

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
I had a fool store his 916 at my place for “a few weeks”. Several months later it got to the point where I told him to pick it up tomorrow or I’ll be leaving it on the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts