BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tarded
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if any of you have had any dealings with a good Neurosurgeon?

I have to have a Diskectomy on my lower back due to it being ruptured and affecting my Sciatic nerve and I am to have surgery on the ASAP and I'd like to have it done in the Lower Mainland.

I am no stranger to surgery in the last 4 1/2 years but all so far has been done by Ortho surgeons and most were perfomed in Van and this is a different bag all together so I am looking for anyone who has had Neurosugery and what their impression was of their Doc ....Good , Bad or Otherwise.

Thanks in advance

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Just to go VGH like I didi. The best Neurosurgeons in the province are there. When my double-discectomy went down in 2000 they took good care of me.

I was on a bike in 6 months.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Don't know one, sorry, but I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
???????
908 Posts
Dr. Mike Boyd and one other Dr. (can't remember his name) are the only two Nuro guys that work on spines at VGH. Unless you have some major complications, you don't need a Nuro, all the spine guys are really good.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Avoid Dr Chan!

He is a back surgeon who wreaked 2 of my buddies backs. Cant remember which hospital he is at but do not go near that butcher!!!!

·
Tarded
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. I would love to hear some from you cosworth as far as recovery and the location of the disks and it they affected any of the nerve roots feeding the sciatic nerve. IE upper or lower back.

I'm out of town and have had a CatScan on Friday and they want to go ahead with surgery here locally in town and I have had 6 surgeries in the last 4 1/2 years and thankfully only one of them in Kamloops. I'd like to keep it that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts