BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow riders..

Im just finishing building my stunt bike, and well now im going to need a place to stunt. Im in the Okangan so finding a nice parking lot might be a task.

Does anyone know of the laws related to stunting? Is it allowed if in a private lot? Does your bike need to be registered or will a bill of sale suffice?

Also do you need your bike license? I had mine, but let it expire and ya wasn't going to go get it for just stunting.

Any info at all would be helpful! Also if anyone's looking for someone to stunt with in the Okanagan let me know! Would like to find someone to ride with, maybe teach me some things.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,792 Posts
I think a private lot 'with permission' is the only way you'll 'be allowed' to sit in one spot and wheelie back and forth all day. You 'probably' also need all necessary documents - at the minimum, a valid license. Mind you, I don't really know... I just know that you should never give an opening or opportunity for 'the funbusters' to do what they love to do - bust motorcyclists for doing stupid shit. They're exceedingly good at it, and from what I've seen... thoroughly enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
On a private lot you can do whatever. At this point your main concerns should be:

1. Finding such a lot and getting permission for using it.
2. Transporting your bike to and from that lot (bike trailer etc).

If you have those two things covered then i doubt "legally" you have to worry about insurance, license or anything else.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On a private lot you can do whatever. At this point your main concerns should be:

1. Finding such a lot and getting permission for using it.
2. Transporting your bike to and from that lot (bike trailer etc).

If you have those two things covered then i doubt "legally" you have to worry about insurance, license or anything else.

Good luck. :)
Ive got the truck and ramp to move the bike, now time to find the lot! haha

·
license to chill
2,852 Posts
I would get your license back. I can easily see a cop trying to pin that on you.

Registration, licence and insurance
3 (1) Except as otherwise provided under this Act, the owner of a motor vehicle or trailer must, before it is used or operated on a highway,
(a) register the motor vehicle or trailer with the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia,
(b) obtain a licence for its operation under this section, and
(c) obtain for it an owner's certificate under the Insurance (Vehicle) Act.

"highway" includes
(a) every highway within the meaning of the Transportation Act,
(b) every road, street, lane or right of way designed or intended for or used by the general public for the passage of vehicles, and
(c) every private place or passageway to which the public, for the purpose of the parking or servicing of vehicles, has access or is invited, but does not include an industrial road;

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/LOC/freeside/--%20M%20--/45_Motor%20Vehicle%20Act%20RSBC%201996%20c.%20318/00_Act/96318_01.xml#section3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts