BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kelvin Fun Lee
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just got my bike 2 months ago and tagged along on some of the rides to Squamish, Cypress, Seymour and White Rock but looking to find new roads. Looking for some medium paced (less than 80-120kph), medium distance (further than Horseshoe Bay but shorter than Pemberton) rides in the lower mainland. I've heard that there are some good roads in Coquitlam (Ioco? Dewdny Trunk?) and would like to set something up for Sunday, September 17th. Any recommendations for Surrey, Burnaby or Richmond would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We actually have a ride planned for Sept. 17 and might be heading out to belcarra(port moody/ioco). There's a road there that leads to the BC Hydro Thermal Plant. That road is fantastic, although a little short, but it's extremely technical; couple of tight decreasing radius hairpins and some chicane like turns...lots of fun.

You're welcome to come, if you're interested look up "greybike" ride in the rides section.

·
license to chill
2,877 Posts
I just now got back from a Belcarra run. Not as scenic in the dark but zero traffic is nice once in a while. Barnet Hwy was wide open. A fine way to end the day.

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
If you can come out with my group tonight...we can give you more ideas for rides...and also network to find new riding buddies...PM me...I'm available for rides as well...if you don't mind riding with a chick!! haha!!

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
how bout a run through the Cascades down to Burlington Krispy Kreams and back??

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
sounds like some are doing a ride up the Sunshine coast on sunday. awsome roads and it sounds like it'll be a moderate/ newbie type ride.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
join us for the coast ride. it'll be a sane pace as i've never been before.

·
ride a lot
1,822 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Just got my bike 2 months ago and tagged along on some of the rides to Squamish, Cypress, Seymour and White Rock but looking to find new roads. Looking for some medium paced (less than 80-120kph), medium distance (further than Horseshoe Bay but shorter than Pemberton) rides in the lower mainland. I've heard that there are some good roads in Coquitlam (Ioco? Dewdny Trunk?) and would like to set something up for Sunday, September 17th. Any recommendations for Surrey, Burnaby or Richmond would also be appreciated.
Yea, I'm in the same boat as you and I love slow to medium paced roads with tight curves (e.g. Mt. Baker, Chuckanut Dr., etc) than high speed (e.g. S2S, Hwy 1 near Cache Creek, etc).

Mt. Baker is a too far for me to make it in a few hours round trip, so I've been exploring North Shore lately. After gone riding Cypress and Mt. Seymour, I tried Lynn Valley Rd. in N. Van, Pipeline Rd. and Victoria Rd. in Coquitlam. They all change to unpaved after short ride....

I didn't think of Ioco Rd. in Port Moody and Hydro Access Rd. in Anmore, for its name sake. I thought it was blocked by a gate or something. I'll go there this weekend.

I haven't yet found any road around Vancouver beats Mt. Baker, does anybody know?

·
Hmmm...Lets Go Riding
308 Posts
Come out to the princeton ride on sunday. i will be riding 2up so im not gonna speed real fast...if that makes sense,it does to me. anywayz ur welcome to come read the ride posting on the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts