BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a trials bike but am unsure about what kind of documentations i will require from the seller. I would assume just a simple bill of sale. Especially because of of the new ORV registration. Do i have to pay tax on this now? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I dont know anyone that owns one and the used trials bike market seems non existent. So do you have to put plates on your bike?

I cant wait to learn and meet more people and find some sick trails.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Will need a "plate" eventually. I'm waiting on groups lobbying for decals. I'd lose the plate on my enduro within 2 rides. Ioco is a good place to go and ride trials, more friendly than Britannia.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
The new regs are still in talks about the plating issue. I recently heard the stupid government finally agreed putting a metal plate on a dirt bike is stupid. The main reason for this is so they can collect revenue on used bikes. So if yo buy used you will need to show proof that tax was paid. Go to Mountain Motorcycles in Coquitlam for info and they are Beta ..Cascade in Mission is Scorpa, Osett, and Ossa with some used bikes. SQuamish is the Yamaha shop and the guy beside him. OTP i think. Twice a year we have a trials demo day at Ioco.

http://trialsplus.ca/

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. Going to pick it up tomorrow! cannot wait.

Will need a "plate" eventually. I'm waiting on groups lobbying for decals. I'd lose the plate on my enduro within 2 rides. Ioco is a good place to go and ride trials, more friendly than Britannia.
I talked to the autoplan and they said you just have to carry it with you but yes, decals would be awesome.

I will definitely check out those places......once i learn how to ride it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Awesome! What did you get? Sherco? I'm learning too, been riding my enduro like a trials bike for the last while so I decided to give it a shot.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a 96' Beta Techno 250. Hopefully everything goes well and i will be bring it back tomorrow. I am driving almost 6 hours to pick it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts