BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for unique street fighter pictures for a project im considering doing so post up any pics you've come across that you think are cool.
:thumbup

Details:
It's for tiller frame and engine with or without the rear hump tail section
wheels and swing arm to to left stock.
Getting away from low clipons to riser bars

Some guide lines though:
I'm not making a stunt bike
I'm not making a princess bike
I'm making a style that will give some protection from wind (speeds over 180)
I like triumphs, Duc's, KTM's, Dukes, buels, hornets
I fuggin dont like the stupid high rear tail sections either.

Here is just a few

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:D I've always wanted to be a street fighter. What's it pay? Benefits? Oh... mmm... 'Bike' Streetfighter. Well then...

:cool I think you have enough wheels, Pete. Bikes, Mini-van, Baby-carriage and them training wheels on your meanstreaker :) ... s'nuff. Call it good. Don't be greedy.

You're welcome.
:cheers

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
There you go.

T

·
0 Posts
I will post all the ones i had in mind tomorrow i gotta wake up at 4:30 am

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
mli35 said:

Honda 919 for thought.

95% of streetfighters headlights ruin the bike. Too big or too high and it looks like crap. Or trying to keep the stock instrument cluster which also is too big, there's lots of smaller stuff available

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Of all the pics posted so far the only direction that must be avoided at all costs is ...

This bike looks totally unfinished and just SCREAMS bandaided fixer-upper. The others all make a statement of some form because in whatever way they are completed and finished off. I don't like all of them and only one or two really turns my crank.

Streetfighter design is so individual that it's impossible to say what works and what doesn't. For example I really like the idea of removing everything I can including the airbox, run pod filters and make the bike look light and airy so that it really concentrates on the idea of minimalism. Two wheels, an engine and just enough to tie it all together and give someplace to put in gas and sit.

F

·
0 Posts
5thgear said:
95% of streetfighters headlights ruin the bike. Too big or too high and it looks like crap. Or trying to keep the stock instrument cluster which also is too big, there's lots of smaller stuff available
agreed big time ,most of those cowl are horrible and the minimilist thing just gets ruined .

but not all streetfighters are naked ,but ts the most popular design .

id go with a tach and one of those headlight units bill cooked up out of tubing

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
So Pete, how much work do you want to do??

I posted some of these in a thread a little while ago... not everyone's cup of tea, but, what the hell, eh? :laughing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts