BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone looking to get on a track that's not Mission Raceway, please feedback required.
I'm hoping to get groups set up for some different track days including, Spokane, Pacific Raceways, Oregon Park, and Portland International. I'm not trying to knock Mission, but having raced there and elsewhere, Mission just does not compare to others out there!
I understand that these tracks are not just around the corner, but they are well worth the trip. The way I see it, with the trucks and trailers that I could have at my disposal, I could manage taking ten bikes to any track. With car pooling it would only take a few vehicles to get those ten people to track. Of course for a fee, but I'm not looking to rip people off or make a ton of cash on this, I just wanna go to the track and the more the merry-er!
My wife is an aspiring photographer and with the use of Go Pro's and other helmet cams, arrangments can be made to have your video made.
I've done these US track days before and it's really not that far out there! Check out WMRRA website. http://www.wmrra.com/calendar.html for some days in the near future.

Let me know what you think of this.

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
I think that's a great idea, actually ... bike transport is probably the biggest hurdle for people looking to get into track days. Riding street bikes to the track always has the risk of leaving you stranded if you crash. Besides, having a dedicated track bike is the best way.
Any ideas on what you'd charge for fees?

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
I would very much like to start a regular orp posse. I also have trailers and tow vehicles.
But I would also join a crew, should it exist.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I do not have a tow vehicle but usually off work weekends and Monday Tuesday so I don't mind sharing driving duty after Monday track days. Looking forward to track days south of the border.

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
Actually, we could put everything in one or two 20 foot sea containers, and I could truck it down for about $200 in fuel, maybe a bit more. Then set it on the ground.

Only seating for two, however. But many bikes, gensets, tires, and so on...

·
GSX R600 K9
1,848 Posts
Actually, we could put everything in one or two 20 foot sea containers, and I could truck it down for about $200 in fuel, maybe a bit more. Then set it on the ground.

Only seating for two, however. But many bikes, gensets, tires, and so on...
If you guys are still up for it next year, i can rent a 53ft tractor trailer, and drive it down. All we do is split the fuel and rental... I can sleep in the truck ;)

This year I cant do it sorry. I think the OP sent me a text on this last week.. Am i right?

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
yeah, that would be a bit more than $200. but i actually like my sea container idea. i could set them on the ground in the pit area, and then park the crane truck elsewhere.
the cummins isc in my truck actually gets better mileage than my duramax pickup did. I am not kidding when I say $200 in fuel could haul 2 twenty foot cans down there and back.
my eventual plan is to set up a 20 foot can as my racing shop/bike storage/pit accommodations. take one for 3K and build whatever you want in there. so laugh if you want, but you will see this on the ground at mission one day... and it will have my welder, tools, bunk, fridge, and so on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts