BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
After having taught myself the art of motorcycle maintenance .....

when you change oil you will need a new washer...
LOL....Obviously self taught. Don't say that...this kid will grab one out of grandma's junk drawer and put a WASHER on the bike FFS :laughing

What you meant to say was a "crush gasket", buy it from the dealership when you pick up an OEM filter as well.

I'll bet thousands of people don't change that gasket.:surrender

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Ok so I currently just have one more item to ask about.
I get this lovely sqeaking noise from my front tire all the time!
I don't think its the breaks cause breaking and not breaking don't affect it, however sometimes the noise will go away and sometimes it comes back for no reason, also it doesn't happen at very slow speeds but becomes more noticeable at higher speeds. I heard that it might be the odometer cable? (the one on the left side of the tire, and that i should grease that, any one know a grease that Canadian tire has that i should get for this? If greasing this piece doesn't make the squeak go away where should i look next?
The cable's coming from the factory too dry or just plain old DRY. It's stripping the plastic gear in the hub and eventually....the back of the guages where it mounts. I've had to order two guages for customers already. Get the cable off....strip and grease it... reasseble and put grease in the hub portion as well.

As a matter of policy, we are doing this on the PDI on all 250 Ninja's now and anyone that comes in for service. Takes about 10min to do.:2cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.