BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the record, I love loud pipes. I don't understand why people get such a hate-on for that lovely petrol gargling thrum, and a good pop and fart from a rich mix.

Christ, that's character!

I don't ride a bike because I want to fit in, I embrace the fact i stand out.

I think it sad that even amongst riders we're supporting the same prejudices that non-riders spread. I mean today, on a beautiful day I saw 2 harleys on the road. That's IT. WTF, everyone should be bikes on days like today. I just wish people would embrace the bike. ENCOURAGE other people to be on a bike and don't give in to this harassment.

If you want quiet, uninteresting, vanilla just wait for the next generation of underpowered pussy electric bikes. Yeah man, those will be great:banghead

As for the OP. Good on ya man. Every day we move closer to a nanny-police state where every action is judged by someone who doesn't have a fucking clue. Too bad it's been perpetuated so long that nearly no-one can distinguish between the big picture and their own small dismal world.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fuck being respectful, how about people keeping their goddam nose out of other people's business?

Look at Britain with their speed cameras. They'll let people buy bikes that go 300+ but god forbid if you try to use your own judgement to decide when to go fast. That's a hefty fine bub!

Lets show some respect for each other; let us make our own choices and not judge every goddam action.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a good example. Just think about the fools that bought houses near the mission track then went on to complain about the noise. These people knew full well there was a track nearby but rather than let that affect their decision they decided just to complain to the municipality. Jesus what a fucking joke. IT"S A RACETRACK FOR CHRIST SAKES.

When the restrictions began being applied more strictly people were saying "WTF"!!! Then the next season, "well if we want to race we need to abide", further on to "well we don't need loud bikes anyway".

Sure, pick your battles, and I'm not saying this was one that could have been won, but don't forget the initial reaction. It's still a WTF and rather than just repeating the rules every time the refrain should be followed up with a "but I still think its a load of shit".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just because you're offended you think you can enforce your opinion on others? Yikes.

I just suppose some people are more righter than others. Except, the trouble really starts to brew when common opinion begins to stomp on something close and dear to your heart.

"Want to go outside!? Well you'd better wear your walking helmet!"
Advertising Transport Public space Street Pedestrian

Wear your walking helmet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.