BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
This issue was about noise complaints due to the idiotic way people with loud pipes ride them in cities. The *people* are the ones who complained and the government listened. That is how a democracy is supposed to work. Generally speaking the only people who want loud pipes legal are those who use and abuse them.
Your reply is way off target, totally out of it. There's several other equally clueless responses on this thread. The OP wasn't about noisy pipes, it was about arbitrary enforcement. Several superbike riders jumped all over the OP with the clueless retort that Harley riders deserve what they get. The case wasn't about noisy pipes, it was about cops making up the rules as they go along. They're coming after you now for DOT labels, footpegs, daytime running lights, lack of snow tires in winter, not parking parallel to the curb, noisy air filters, and on and on. Get a clue! If you don't understand what the problem is, and stick together, you're going to get dinged with all the other stupid made-up shit from the traffic cops.

·
Registered
19 Posts
But thanks for the warning generic low post count user who signed up to contribute to the downtown parking thread and has now successfully posted in this conversation. Congratulations; you have have earned a high score in facepalm.
Danke, after reading your post, I now understand the donkey self-portrait. You're suggesting that this thread is only for riders who blather on-and-on totally off-topic, about what good citizens they are, and how they'd never be naughty on 2 wheels? Nobody else can reply? Give us a break! I've been riding motorcycles for over 50 years, and I just heard that there was a thread here with an endless stream of posts from mentally-challenged self-righteous dick-heads who truly don't read too good. But my civic duty is to help all here to understand that the OP was about arbitrary enforcement, NOT loud pipes! Even a donkey should be able to understand that. How about contributing something useful to the topic instead of just using up good real estate telling everyone what a good boy you are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We work by big boy rules here.
Really? Sounds more like school-boys arguing about who is the most law-abiding suck. Nobody's paying attention to the creeping legal shit coming towards us bikers.
PS, the little picture? It's because I'm stubborn . . .
No kidding. Where are you going to find help when BC Justice/AG decides that you can't ride your motorcycle from October to March unless you have approved snow tires?That's the law in Quebec. Have you ever seen legal snow-tires for motorcycles? There's no such thing! Are you going to come here and say you'd never think of complaining because you're such a law-abiding boy scout? But, instead of trying to help this guy with the muffler enforcement issue, you all started trying to show who is the most obedient biker suck who would never have loud pipes. That's not the issue. The issue is learning how to defend motorcyclists against improper legislation and shady enforcement. The law dudes in Justice/Attorney General's department have nothing to do all day long except dream up new ways of harassing bikers. Next to come will be "No passengers under 15 years of age", like Quebec. Then legal standards for Daytime Running Lights. I'm suggesting you'd better start learning to defend yourselves against this kind of legal shit and stop attacking each other like a bunch of pious stubborn hall-monitors. After the legislation is implemented, you've had it. It never changes. You got to start dealing with the J/AG dudes who have you in their sights, and stop attacking other bikers who are fighting your battles for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Am I missing something or was this case really that open and shut?
"Am I missing something?" No kidding, you're just missing the entire thing! Some of you guys come across as dumb as a sack of rocks. He ADMITS he had loud pipes. What is it about you guys who don't get that? The lawsuit was about ARBITRARY noise measurement, not loud pipes. Sheesh! You guys seem to be smart enough to ride motorcycles, so what's causing the huge brain farts over what the legal issue is? I suspect that some of you are law enforcement types who just want to use this forum lecture riders about pipes and helmets, which is why you're coming across so retarded about the legal issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know that this isn't the argument here, but I don't care.
We're beginning to see some signs of honesty here. But this discussion isn't going anywhere with that attitude. You're going to keep dragging it back to "loud pipes" no matter what? Go for a ride and give us a break.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did the OP ever speak to a lawyer? As far as I know running an exhaust system that is illegal for use on public roads gets you a ticket. There is nothing arbitrary about it.
I don't believe it - after all the back and forth, you still haven't a clue what this discussion is about!

·
Registered
19 Posts
have enough common sense not to ride in a manner that generates a lot of noise in areas where doing so will annoy a heap of people.

Three cheers for you. And what has this got to do with the topic at hand? Oh, sorry. I'm blocked and shouldn't be posting here. Go ahead, continue telling us how sensible you are.

1 - 9 of 252 Posts