BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Burn it up
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a slip on for my bike (mainly for safety reasons) and I am wondering which ones are louder then the others. I am also on a budget, so I dont want to get anything too expensive. I was thinking of a Hindle or maybe a Yosh pipe. Any suggestions for me on this ? Would my best bet be to order from the states ? or get something local ? TIA.

:rider

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
D&D are definatly the loudest pipes I have heard, but if you want quality, Yosh, Akro, and Micron have much better finishes.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Meet some of the members here and listen to their pipes. Once you have decided what you want, I would suggest looking for used slip-ons. Most motorcycle websites have For Sale sections, I would start there first, and then check out the shops that offer discounts to members of the site.

Defintiely check out CBR World as it is a site dedicated to the CBR 600 and you will find LOTS of info on your bike and there are always items for sale there. They have some good discounts available too.

Finally, if you do not find what you are looking for you may have to buy a brand new pipe from a dealer, in which case BUY US! It will be much cheaper, even with exchange, just get it sent to a mail box in the US and pick it up or you will pay extra taxes and fees. I think you would still save some $$, but not as much. :)

V

·
0 Posts
Here are some loud pipes I know of:

D&D (the king of loud, but looks are not great IMO)
Jardine (mine just plain screams at most any RPM, looks wicked)
M4 (sounds similar to Yosh, but louder, make a sweet high mount)
Two Bros (Really growly)
Hindle (Nice quality deep tone, screams at high RPM's, dirt cheap)
Blueflame (All around awesome sound, similar to Yosh, pretty loud)
Kerker (not familiar with, but heard they are loud)

Hope this helps. I had a Yosh, but sold it to a friend. Loved the sound, but thought it was a little on the quiet side. Keep in mind that pipes get louder when the packing burns out, so when you get a brand new pipe remember that in 1000-2000 km it will be noticeably louder than before.

B

·
0 Posts
D&D for sure...i've got one now and its hella loud, but they're poor quality...mine'scarbon fibre and it's already getting dull, gonna burn up anytime:(

yosh isnt as loud but has a sweet sound

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
FastMickey said:
Hindle! ever since my first bike i have had Hindle exhausts on them. They are defintely amongst the loudest.
Note, this is NOT correct for most bikes. Full systems or slip-ons, supersport cannister or stealth, Hindle's are amoung the quietest pipes around. Fireblades.org had a GP on them a while back and lots of guys bought a Hindle, and all of them have been posting on how quiet their bikes are. Very similar to stock, except they sound so much better now, but NOT loud. :)

Read this thread on the sound of the Hindle in comparison to a couple slip-ons and stock:
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=34&threadid=3913

G

·
0 Posts
duddddddddddddeeeeeeeee

lest go for a ride and take a listen to the pipe i have,.........:eek :eek

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well, i had a direct comparson on my bike, i had TwoMothersRacing silpons on my RC, and it wasnt that loud, and the sound is soso..., and quality fit finish is definitly not as good as the hindle. After i put the hindle's on, i can feel that it is way louder.... but perhaps that is my little round cans being the devil. Oh yeah, the hindle's on my pervious bike had full system with round pipes, and they are just loud as hell.....

·
Registered
332 Posts
vrecksler said:

Note, this is NOT correct for most bikes. Full systems or slip-ons, supersport cannister or stealth, Hindle's are amoung the quietest pipes around. Fireblades.org had a GP on them a while back and lots of guys bought a Hindle, and all of them have been posting on how quiet their bikes are. Very similar to stock, except they sound so much better now, but NOT loud. :)

Read this thread on the sound of the Hindle in comparison to a couple slip-ons and stock:
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=34&threadid=3913

vrecksler, I think you are quite right actually. Some bikes, like the 929 and most gixxers, it is the bolt on application if you don't want the full system. Which means it is only changing the Stock cannister to a aftermarket one and therefore keeping the stock mid pipes(elbows). In this case, most pipes won't give a very loud sound, since the piping remains stock.

Ofcourse, if you want the loudest, just take off the cannister and run it like it is. With no cannisters!!! :D :laughing

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
FastM, like you need to worry about sound, you have a twin! They sound awesome with stock pipes on, and I actually heard an RC51 with Hindles today at BOMAX's shop and it was pretty loud. Not Big Jim M4 loud, but loud nonetheless. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
thats funny, i was at bomax today, and i didn't see any other RC's around....

anyways, but the stock pipe is too peaceful... can't take it... just ask LE. haha...

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
It was probably your bike! :) Did you notice a black/yellow 929 parked right outside the garage door? I just stopped in for a bar end, and I think BOMAX was installing a PC in a 2002 black/silver R1. Hmm, if I had checked this site before I left, I could have checked the VIN to see if it matched Digi's...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah, i did see someone with a yellow 929. john and i was trying to tune the PCII on my bike, the silver R1 was a 98 i belive, and it belongs to someone on this website not digi's ofcos, the bike is carb, not injected, therefore it has no use with a powercommander, it could be fitted with a jet kit thou.

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Re: duddddddddddddeeeeeeeee

gsxrfish said:
lest go for a ride and take a listen to the pipe i have,.........:eek :eek
I'm pretty sure my modded Yoah RS-3 was one of the loudest pipes in town. And have been sasked why it's so loud. Gotta admit. gsxrfish's pipe is the only bike I've ridden with that I can hear two riders behind me with my pipe and my earplugs....

If you ride motorbikes. GET EARPLUGS. You will be glad when you are older.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
OK, I just saw a black/silver R1 and assumed it was a new one. Were you getting a custom map built? Last week I installed a new map for my slip-on but I notice some imperfections in the throttle response here and there, but I have no idea how to fix it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts