BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JBL E90, sounds like a good idea:devillook
I had 4 crap speakers, kept blowing the breaker.
Working hard, deserved a present, so off to Future Shop I went.
Damn, I love them, THEY LOVE THEM!
They are already pounding on the walls, and I keep turning it up, but they keep pounding, and I want to give more, but the reciever is at it's limits.
It's so hard to keep your neighbours happy, but I'm trying.
Any suggestions:evilgrin

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
powered subwoofer :evilgrin

external, dedicated amp (not a receiver or combo unit) too

·
2,217 Posts
From a review on the speakers...sounds good.

The JBL E90 floor-standing speaker is a great value for a full-range speaker with good performance. Their neutrality makes them suitable for a wide range of music and movie listening, and they have good bass extension. They have excellent tonal range with no skimping on any band, and they are exceptionally warm in the midrange, which makes for an entirely musical experience. I would classify these as a workhorse speaker because they are versatile enough for refined listening, intense action movies, or a house party. They are definitely a solid performer in this price range.

I see they are on special at future shop right now .........I assume you got them at the special price.

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
I've got an all Klipsch setup with a 10inch Dahlquist woofer. Sounds so loud in there, you have to yell to talk to the people next to u, but for some reasonm the neighbours say the never hear anything. I'm pretty sure the duplex isn't spereated by sound proofing cause I can hear they're shit....maybe I'm just not trying hard enough

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
boarder said:
I've got an all Klipsch setup with a 10inch Dahlquist woofer. Sounds so loud in there, you have to yell to talk to the people next to u, but for some reasonm the neighbours say the never hear anything. I'm pretty sure the duplex isn't spereated by sound proofing cause I can hear they're shit....maybe I'm just not trying hard enough
maybe their hearing sucks

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Team Green 9R said:
From a review on the speakers...sounds good.

The JBL E90 floor-standing speaker is a great value for a full-range speaker with good performance. Their neutrality makes them suitable for a wide range of music and movie listening, and they have good bass extension. They have excellent tonal range with no skimping on any band, and they are exceptionally warm in the midrange, which makes for an entirely musical experience. I would classify these as a workhorse speaker because they are versatile enough for refined listening, intense action movies, or a house party. They are definitely a solid performer in this price range.

I see they are on special at future shop right now .........I assume you got them at the special price.
$500. The 80's were $400, but why not spend more!
I'm sure if they had the 100's, I would have spent more!
Funny thing is, Johnny Cash and Stompin Tom were the first test!
I figure I need a Friday for Sublime!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I :heart: music/home theater stuff.

·
Mr. Sophisticata
1,173 Posts
I have the whole Northridge series except the center. I own the E80's in a townhouse, I love them..great all around speaker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts