BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my 2001 Honda CBR F4i lowered at Moto Concept in North Vancouver. My friend has the same bike but a year newer and we were trying to lower his but we got stuck on one thing… There is a bolt that just won’t come out because the frame is in the way. Does anyone know how to get around this? The bolt has to come out – but how? I’ve attached a photo of the lowering link & can take a picture of the bike later if that would be helpful.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I'm not sure but you may gain access by either raising or lowering the rear tire or simply removing the shock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure but you may gain access by either raising or lowering the rear tire or simply removing the shock.
We do gain access to the bolt slightly when lifting underneath the passenger seat but not nearly enough. We only need about 1.5cm more!!!

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
you've got to support the bike & then lift or raise the rear tire.. lifting the tail of the bike a bit isn't going to cut it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you've got to support the bike & then lift or raise the rear tire.. lifting the tail of the bike a bit isn't going to cut it.
That’s what I did when I lowered my Kawasaki 250 and it makes complete sense. We had the bike up on a rear stand so would we have to put it on the ground and lift the rear tire? What could we use to support the bike?

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
If it doesn't have rear sets you're going to have to get inventive. With rear sets you can simply put the bike on jack stands.. otherwise without being there I can't exactly tell you how to get around it. Perhaps someody else might be able to chime in. maybe something using a scissor or floor jack?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have a bike lift in my garage so we can give that a shot... and maybe just some more muscles!

Thanks for all your help,
Nicole

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Cutoff wheel!

Just kidding.

Remove wheel and shock would be my guess without looking at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts